How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

01-29-2013

Junior Members. Junior Members everywhere.

Bubble Trouble

Senior Recruiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
Thats why they have the pbe. So people can provide feedback on champions before the release.

TheFakeSit

01-29-2013

Riot we already don't allow free champions in ranked but why do we allow them in draft? Draft is not for new players and according to you guys that's what free champions are for. I play draft when i want to be competitive but i can't be asked to deal with all the hassle in a ranked match. Not to watch people try out new champions for the first time and go 0/5 as Leona to their Vayne in the first 6-7 minutes and then disconnect from the match. (Happen about a week and a half ago.)

Shikishot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Junior Members. Junior Members everywhere.
The member rank is based on how many times you've posted.

DOMOGONZA

01-29-2013

Can you put another champs in the rotation ? a example is fiora or fizz, i never see they
in the rotation

Exorciistz

01-29-2013

Well if they allows new champions to be free the first week it came then how are they making money? Its just the way to make people want to stay in the game and have a goal to save up for the one they like. Know what i mean?

jones boyo

01-29-2013

i wish they would put thresh this week cause i want to try him but dont want to waste my RP if im not good with him.
:/

Durzaka

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones boyo View Post
i wish they would put thresh this week cause i want to try him but dont want to waste my RP if im not good with him.
:/

Next week.

jones boyo

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
Next week.
I cant wait a week hes too awesome!!!

cujow

01-29-2013

I just read the begging of this and I was thinking about another way the rotation could work. I think that there are 10 free champs every week right? Something like that anyways.

What if instead of centering the rotation around easy champs there was more of a mixture. What I mean is have a variety of easy, medium and hard champs. I am not saying stop the method that is currently in use but don't put only the easy champs on rotation. Everyone gets the free champs. Not just the newbies.

That is just what I think, take it for what it is.