How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azezel

01-24-2013

hey chris can u please make riven or nocturne free next week? (or both)

Cynical Rain

01-28-2013

Haven't seen Syndra, Karma, Draven, Cassiopeia in the last 8 weeks.

Come on. Especially the 3 which don't include Karma.

I insist.

If ^ makes a difference.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, since its been said that Riot is open for suggestions,

I'd appreciate more expensive champions free more often, since they're the ones people would want to try before buying.

If someone finds any 450/1350 champions appealing, he/she would buy it and not regret it too much if they dislike it.

However, if someone buys a 3150+ champion and dislikes it, he/she will feel sad...very very sad.

My suggestion for 10 weekly champions:

3 champions would cost 6300ip
5 champions would cost 3150ip or 4800ip
2 champions would cost 1350ip

0 450 champions because honestly, people can just buy them.

The counter-argument would be "450ip champions have simple mechanics, easier for new players to play".

Well if that's the case, why not make all 450ip champions available to new players for the first 1-2 weeks after account creation?

TL;DR: More expensive champions should be free more often.

LordPhipz

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao View Post
personally i'm looking forward to the week of april 1st, when they run 10 yordles.
urf pls

Quakein Jamaican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Honestly there are almost 600 pages and 3 riot posts so i don't know if they pay attention to this anymore. But if so then this idea is almost guaranteed not fresh to them. There should be more than 10 free champs per week. the amount of free champs per week has not increased since release and the amount of available champs has almost doubled. it stands to reason that with an ever increasing pool of available champions it would be worth the cost to allow people to have a larger than 10 free champion pool to chose from and possibly buy from.

youngkiid

01-28-2013

i feel like there are a lot of over used champs that are available. not week after week, but there isnt really a good "mixing" up... dont know if riot will read this but figured i'd give it a try. thanks!!!

gears of fear

01-28-2013

could we have trundle free next week i really want to try him out!

master12343

01-28-2013

Lol i didnt mean to actually type that plz dont report me

master12343

01-28-2013

I REALLY DONT THINK IT MATTERS WHO IS ON THE free week just be happy they even have a free week to try out new champs or some old fun ones

master12343

01-28-2013

this is just a game its ok if your champ is not o the list just wait another week or buy them. that is my 2 cents riot

TheCatBug

01-28-2013

After the 3 years of having my account i can finally say its nice have all the champs and not needing free weeks but man do i love when good champs are up so i can play on my smurf.