How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osgath

Member

01-24-2011

Rammu? I hope you mean Rammus...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RVz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2011

Here's a question: Where's free Twitch Week?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TyphoonKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyBoi View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
inb4 rage@champselect


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amrase

Senior Member

01-24-2011

"Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that(Should be than) others, and our first goal with the free Champion rotation is to allow new players simple Champions to try for their first games."

Simply a typo. No harm done, just seems the rest of what you said was written correctly so why not that :P
On topic, I enjoy the rotation, and so far, the selections made. It gives me a chance to use every champion and become very diversified. Not to mention less bored with one specific champ.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Zombie Dog

Senior Member

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaackt View Post
Twitch should never be on the free list again. infact, twitch should not even be in the LoL store, twitch's power makes all LoL games completely F@@@ing LOL.
every game, nomatter how experienced the twitch player is, if 1 side has twitch and other doesnt, the game is over, if twitch is on both sides, flip a coin... i played with twitch, just once, to see if it was as easy as he seamed, without reading any guides or even planning what id buy/play like, i won that game 4v5 with 23/4/1
you just hate twitch because you are bad at killing him, there are a lot of pro twitches because he is never free and they buy him and they know how to play him.and plus you are wrong i have lost with twitch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veederhoff

Junior Member

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,


just my 2 cents on the subject =p
So I think this is wrong because new champions are already over played when they are released. If you made them free the first week it would be almost impossible to actually play them in a game because someone else woud likely take them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Zombie Dog

Senior Member

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachiuchia View Post
NEVER put TWITCH in rotation... he is way OP and it makes it impossible to enjoy a nice twitch free game.
ok first off everybody hear do not hate a champion because someone beat you good with him/her every champion can be good its just some champions are harder to play then others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plap11

Junior Member

01-24-2011

Quote:
I don't think Alistar is a Tank
A Okay - not a question, but yes
genius


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dehstroyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2011

Thank you Riot. People have been complaining to get the majority of that list up there. Pretty cool to see you listen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mklander

Junior Member

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertSockThrow View Post
Can you make it so that Ashe and Zilean aren't free every other week? Other champs deserve their spot more often than they get it (Malz'ahar, Karthus, etc.)
Yeah hiemer is free almost every week, and at very least every other week.