Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How we choose weekly free champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGary

01-22-2011

Like everyone else, Im tired of seeing the same champs being free like every other week. I don't have a problem with it not being random but please try to make it so that "eventually" being able to try out all champs mean in a few weeks time not in a months and months.

Blazekaiser

01-24-2011

I like seeing champions go up, but it's the newer, and more expensive ones I want to see more often. the free selection is to allow new players to have a variety of choices to get used to and for experienced players it's the only way to try out various characters before forking over alot of time or cash worth of points.

I would like to see Shen, Akali, and Kennen for example. I need them be in the rotation(again) to try them out before trying to get them in the shop.

Doriantv

01-24-2011

Shen is always free, dude. Where have you been?

the joker11

01-24-2011

lol same im pretty tired of the same champs every weeks and btw kennen sion and gang has been free like 3 or 4 weeks ago i would like to try out udyr like eveyone else i think :P but also ez ,malz or karthus witch has never been free for me, well imo when you see 2 or 3 champs you have played last week for free with ,you just dont wanna play again , people wants to try out champs that has never been free or from a long time ...

steadypals

01-24-2011

rammus/ryze/akali/panth

gonna be a long week

Fuzzzz

01-24-2011

Typo with Rammus, I believe it was spelled Rammu

OpticalShadow

01-24-2011

i would rather see the bored equaled out, some chapions are used preactically every week others may get in bi monthly.

A Tryhardosaurus

01-24-2011

Garen can be played as nothing. So what now?

turk0D

01-24-2011

[QUOTE=RiotChris;509374
Q Will some Champions be free more often than others?
A Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that others, and our first goal with the free Champion rotation is to allow new players simple Champions to try for their first games.[/QUOTE]

You need to change that

ExpertSockThrow

01-24-2011

Can you make it so that Ashe and Zilean aren't free every other week? Other champs deserve their spot more often than they get it (Malz'ahar, Karthus, etc.)