How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conman0210

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I would like to have the new champions free because that was people could tryout the champion before they buy then rather that buy the champion and then regret the choice, i would rather not have people waste there money or refunds.

Nostari

12-22-2012

I've been saving up for Nami, currently about 4.8kish IP. I would like to try her before I spend 6300 on her. Slap her onto the next rotation?

ElementzPRO

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Ashe every other week and no 6300s

TinchoSantiago

12-23-2012

Lee sin, Olaf, and more top/junglers

sonichound

12-23-2012

Just started playing about a week ago and love the fact that I can try out the champs before I decide if I want to play them full time. Hopefully Cassiopeia will be available before too long as she looks interesting. I have really enjoyed the game so far, keep up the good work!

CaptainScuba

12-23-2012

Have you thought about just making a new champion available free in just bot games or maybe on twisted treeline? it would allow players who are seriously considering buying a specific champ when it first comes out. versus waiting a week for the price to go down. that tease may entice someone to spending a little extra.

kingsung

12-24-2012

It would be nice if the champion rotations were just in order.
It would also be good if new champions were free the week after.

Hanlor The Noob

12-24-2012

Im new and need to know this could happen: Have the champions that are affordable and cheap for new players (like me) so we can test them out and see if we should buy them

I mean that would be really helpful for us so we dont waste ip on champions we dont like and find that out AFTER buying, like I recently bought karthus but i fail at squishy mages and him I thought his ultimate was cool but didnt understand him so i wasted 3150 ip!

What i really want is to have champions that are easy to learn and play AND can be affordable after we play with them so we can buy!

And it was K

12-24-2012

Is he even at Riot anymore?

aaronkillx

12-24-2012

i want vi to be out can there be a unbalance day just ones becase im liking champ rotations but not a lot i might consider on with my dream to work with riot