How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunar Luck

Recruiter

12-18-2012

Why does it seem like the same champs are up every other week? Why can't yall throw Fizz or another expensive champ in there?

riley228

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
i would like to see something like tanks 1 week and carrys another just something i wouldlike to see

GrayEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayEternity View Post
I don't know if anyone has done the math on this thread (573 pages is alot to go through) but there are 6 spots every week and 52 weeks in a year so 52 X 6 = 312. So, Riot, it is entirely feasible to incorporate all 109 champions into the free rotation at least once a year. Or are there so many champions that maybe there should be 7 free champions, just a thought. Also, I'd be most appreciative if either Cassiopeia, Ahri, or Kha'Zix showed up sooner rather than later.
lol I'm the perfect example of why you shouldn't do drugs. XD I apologize, I was so tired I couldn't do simple math. And I have NO idea where I got 6 champions from. o.O

HurricaneOfGod

12-19-2012

I want to play darius but it never up for free play so i am pretty annoyed

Philladelphs420

12-20-2012

Fizz hasn't been free since June 26th, almost 6 entire months ago. 4 weeks per month, 6 months, 10 champions a week- that's 24 weeks, 240 different times you could have thrown him in rotation. Many other champs have this same situation, I just happened to notice Fizz specifically and suggest you make him free- he's extremely simple and a great champ that in a year of playing I have only played against 2-3 times entirely. ForTehAnarchy couldn't have said it better.

dutchnectar

12-20-2012

Do you think you could put Hecarim on the free rotation soon? I've been wanting to try him out for quite sometime now but I don't have the IP to buy him yet :/

awsomerocker

12-20-2012

yeah, can you also have malzahar in the free champion rotation because he hasn't been free-to-play for a while and i would really like to test him out.

Candentis

12-20-2012

This is how they really pick the champs, this thread is a cover-up, but I found the truth.

flamingblits

12-21-2012

i want to try noct can u have him nxt week pls

LightLady123

12-22-2012

i would really like to see Jayce or Fizz on the champ rotation i really wanna try them out before actually spending my money on them