How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrayEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

I don't know if anyone has done the math on this thread (573 pages is alot to go through) but there are 6 spots every week and 52 weeks in a year so 52 X 6 = 312. So, Riot, it is entirely feasible to incorporate all 109 champions into the free rotation at least once a year. Or are there so many champions that maybe there should be 7 free champions, just a thought. Also, I'd be most appreciative if either Cassiopeia, Ahri, or Kha'Zix showed up sooner rather than later.

Zealokaiser

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekota Himeko View Post
Usually, I hate criticizing people. But really, like so many other people have said (and been ignored), I figured I'd say it again: There is no variety.
It's like Riot has picked out 15-20 of the 109 champs and just continuously rotates through them. Dr. Mundo? Free 4 weeks ago. Cho'Gath? 4 weeks ago. Kog'Maw? Hey, whadd'ya know? 4 weeks ago. Teemo? 4 WEEKS AGO. Really Riot? Really?
Now, let's look at the other end of the spectrum.
Karma? It's been a year Riot. Cass? 7 months. Fiora? Half a year. Oh, what about this one: TRISTANA. 18 MONTHS.
C'mon Riot. You say you want to make it easy on new players, yet you only give new players a very limited amount of champs to try out. And everyone else that plays? Well, every time you want to try out someone new, you have to go and play your heart out to save up IP because you darn well know Riot isn't gonna have them free any time soon.
Black Kitten out.

You realize Tristana is free to get right? Just like them on facebook. Why make a champion you can get for free as a free-to-play champion, taking up a slot for a week when if you want to play her but not buy her you can simply get her for free.

Korrosius

12-17-2012

Nice champion rotation. Look forward to this upcoming week of games!

Betse

12-17-2012

god riot, never put teemo on free week, NEVER

Gatekeeper Swag

12-17-2012

I want to play Lee Sin so bad, my friend is gifting him to me and I was hoping he would be free this week :/

Cerulean Laser

12-17-2012

Teemo again? not even Nami or Draaaaaaaaaaaaven. Free week for Fiora for Feedback at least!

FaerKhan

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by prapat View Post
i would love to try cass...

and i haven't seen her in rotation in long long long time....

Cass is amazing for a sustained damage mage. In fact, I'd probably say she's the best in that category. Her only real weakness is movespeed, so your positioning needs to be excellent

TheKrookedKilla

12-17-2012

The only reason why Tristiana is worth having as a free character, is because not everyone has a Facebook

TheBadApple

12-17-2012

so when you say that one of your main goals is to allow new accounts to form balanced teams, why didnt you include a single ad carry in this week's lineup?

Mi Negra Gatita

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL Hubby Zeal View Post
You realize Tristana is free to get right? Just like them on facebook. Why make a champion you can get for free as a free-to-play champion, taking up a slot for a week when if you want to play her but not buy her you can simply get her for free.
Alistar is also free to get, yet he frequently shows up in the rotation. And as others pointed out, not everyone is on FB. Or you're like me and you like them, yet somehow you never get Trist.