How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyteshade

10-25-2012

I think the way they rotate the characters is fine and dandy but i think they should even it out a little bit more. not have annie on the free character list 3 weeks in a row where they could have put another champion such as akali (my favorite) i do understand the way its done and why but i also think they could with a few adjustments but that's just my humble opinion.

5plit Champ

10-25-2012

I would like to see a wider variety because they throw a lot of 450 and 1350 charters in there i'm just saying, to change it up every once and a while.

Ren Ryu

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechampajp View Post
I would like to see a wider variety because they throw a lot of 450 and 1350 charters in there i'm just saying, to change it up every once and a while.
i agree because u almost never see 6300 champs that u want to try out

xKEVx666

10-26-2012

its good like that i tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

Skoraxascended

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhamX View Post
If they're free to play, then no one would buy RP to buy those champions. No RP means no money for riot. No money for riot means no food for artists and developers. bad bad bad
it seems alot of people get confused with free to play and free

the developers put a lot of effort into the game they should be supported (as in paying for characters and or skins)

Göku

10-28-2012

Is there a thread to request a champion? If there is where should I directed? If it's supposed to be here can I request Lee Sin?

KUNG FU GU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia Walrus View Post
So there's no pattern to it? It's all completely random?

I resent Riot every day a little more.
Possibly the single most disliked comment in history.

Rickbeil

10-29-2012

just a thought for all. Would their be a posibily to see more champs to select during the week? it would give a little more range for others to play

RockinBeast

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Why are you guys giving the same champs over and over again? (annie, yi, singed)
Yet people like fizz, fiora and xerath are never free

NeoNaggerpuss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

sadsadad