How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iLuLSewMurch

10-22-2012

Months later I still havent seen Cass or Shyv, and Ori only once.

0hh Really

10-22-2012

miss fortune on free rotation every 2nd week

IHeartTheDj

Recruiter

10-22-2012

The pattern should be from the higher amount of money to lower amount of money then high then low and nocturne hasn't been up in awhile

oSplosion

10-22-2012

i love this week, shh.

TheJohns

10-22-2012

Can you stop putting the same 40 champions in the free roster 9/10 of the time?

cherubdash

10-22-2012

You guys should make Karma and trundle free, i want to try them out, And possibly Cassiopeia

luminousSamurai

Recruiter

10-23-2012

As a first week player i must say I like the free character rotations. It gives players like myself a way to learn the mechanics of the game and get a feel for different builds and strategies. I'm looking forward to playing this weeks free champs lots of options I'm especially eager to try Janna Alistar and Cho Gath. Thanks Riot for this awesome gaming experience!

Blast MAGIC1AN

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

beta is used for feedback so it doesn't require them too be free,

Li7hium oOo

10-23-2012

I just don't understand why alistar and tristana are included in the free rotation. I mean, they are both available for free and if people haven't got them by now is because they don't want them anyway...

thelegend277

10-23-2012

I've been enjoying the free champs . It gives me a chance to try the new champs and the rotation usually happends on tuesday for me and it makes a tuesday good day . I would like to see ( Shyvana , Casseopia , and i havn't seen a riven ).