How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TooBlue

10-09-2012

Just a question... Why don't you guys have a fourth goal outlined which entails the following: Champions that haven't been free for a longer amount of time have a higher chance of being selected. Because champions like Cassiopeia, Evelynn, Viktor, Karma, Malzahar, Renekton, Poppy, Shaco, Shen, Shyvana, Skarner, Swain, Trundle, Wukong, Xerath, and Yorick don't appear often at all. And considering a good number of these are used professionally, its not exactly fair that the public doesn't get to look at the more popular champions.

ASVP FLVCKO

10-09-2012

Why can i play them in euw but not in na why

ASVP FLVCKO

10-09-2012

lolwut

Sisuwolf

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY PUNK View Post
Ammumu, nunu, jax and lux appeared from 1 to 3 weeks ago, and i want to try new champs to buy, i know u have to put easy champs for new people buet not all of them... thats what i think, i hope u take it in coinsideration. thanks 4 your time
I agree with you here. Seems like a lot of the free champions this week were just free not more than a few weeks ago. Not that bad of a problem except that there are some that I haven't seen free in the entire time I have been here(4months). I know it's not the longest time but how about Brand or atleast some champions that don't seem to be free almost every week. Too repetitive, change it up a bit more.

12robert13

10-09-2012

the champ is good for lower lvls to try out cheap easyer champs to learn to game better to understand yes

but there are also lots off higher lvled/more skilled player around who are far from having all champions
isnt it better to make 2 free rotations 1 for lvl 1-30 like it is now and 1 for lvl 30 with more diffeculty champions they dont need champs as ash/morg/ryze/ww since they most likely already bought them or know how what they can do instead off this vlad akili/kassadin/ezreal are more fun for those players b/c they dont have those champs and could try out harder and more expansieve champions(all champs listed are just exaples)

J LynnO

10-09-2012

WHEN IS NA GONNA GET THE ROTATION? i want to play support lux already lol

Yamanga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

wtf why ppl bump a thread from 2 years ago? XD

gregorymarco

10-09-2012

I would actually suggest that you remove it and replace it with a new system that gives you 10 credits/week. You invest these credits in who you wish to play, allowing you to play which champions you wish to try out. Of course, you wouldn't be allowed to spam credits into one champ and play them every day at no cost, so you are allowed to only invest these credits one time every time you go through every champ in the game. It's pretty rough, but tell me how you think it could be improved.

KoreanPheonix

10-09-2012

I think the rotations should be so that there are different types of styled champions. For example, there would be a tank, support, Mage, jungles in one rotation and so forth...well you know what I mean

Sarkhon

10-10-2012

My biggest issue with the way you guys are doing things is that we've seen some champions 10-12 times and others 0-1 times in the past year. I think that's unacceptable. I think that you guys can easily tweak the rotation a bit to ensure that every six months we get a chance to play every champion. Currently you have 10 champions free a week if you only did each champion once you would have 260 free champions. Essentially what I'm saying is that if you make it your goal to have every champ available at least once every six months, you guys would not have an issue finding the solution to that problem. You guys and gals are smart enough to make this game, so simple logic isn't an issue. Game programing and logic go hand in hand, so finding a way to fit your original criteria, and still previewing every champ at least once every six months wont be an issue. You can even still have Ashe free every other week, because if you have her free every other week, you get to see her 13 times in 6 months and that still leaves you with 247 spots open for other champions to be previewed.

Serious, think about it... the only thing holding you guys back from a perfect champion rotation system is the lack of the proper goal. You have a good start. Make this a new goal, try it out for one six month cycle, if it doesn't work go back to giving us these cycles with the same champs free all the time and the same champs never free...

TL;DR -- Make every champ available at least once every 6 months. 260 champions previewed across 26 weeks = easy sauce.