How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magzgears

Recruiter

09-26-2012

I believe you should try to also include in every rotation an underused champ just so someone can try him for curiosity, for example all of my time playing league ive never seen a malzahar in the rotation and in my opinon hes great, giving some underused champs a bit of the spotlight might be good so people can coment why there so underused.

deathtoll1

09-27-2012

We should know of the chances of champions rotating, like how many % chance it is going to be in the rotation.

Stinnkky

09-28-2012

Potato

Arch Nightmare

10-01-2012

I agree with most of the community when I say that any champion that is new chould be free the first week for champion rotation.
1. We only have 3 refund tickets so offering us this chance will save us alot of grief.
2. A set time and day would be great for champion rotation but I understand that sometimes the release of a patch or new champion will either delay it or cause it to fall on the same day.
3. Give a better description of what a jungler is. Like they are better at striking from the grass due to added buffs etc., and/or solo jungler who can deal enough damage to take out both minion and mini boss for buffs in the jungle areas of the map.

jebroni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Nightmare View Post
I agree with most of the community when I say that any champion that is new chould be free the first week for champion rotation.
1. We only have 3 refund tickets so offering us this chance will save us alot of grief.
2. A set time and day would be great for champion rotation but I understand that sometimes the release of a patch or new champion will either delay it or cause it to fall on the same day.
3. Give a better description of what a jungler is. Like they are better at striking from the grass due to added buffs etc., and/or solo jungler who can deal enough damage to take out both minion and mini boss for buffs in the jungle areas of the map.
Uh... from a business perspective, how in ANY way would this make sense? You will sell 0 of the champ you just released...

Maleric

10-01-2012

I'd like to request Skarner be free soon. I want to try him out please.

amankrazykiller

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyBoi View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
Damn dude if we had just 3 champs to keep forever LoL would be boring as Sheet. I'd personly rather have free random champs every week not 3 to keep.

BallsDeepChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

What if we could vote on the champions in the rotation?
So the community will have a larger chance that they will be able to test their favourite champions?
Pesonally I believe that if this feature will happen alot more players will be buying champions.

Just a thought that I had that might make the community better.

Thankyou ~ TheOtherChamp ~

dragonman979

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
well to be honest the reason they dont do that is for the very reason u stated "bought him with rp" this is how riot makes money and yes player feed back is important but u only want feed back from players who play the game more often and have more experiance.

outcast puppy

Recruiter

10-01-2012

What if you allowed players to "rent" a new champion for the first few days/weeks until you put them in the free rotation.
That way newer players could still use the simpler champs in the rotation, but if people wanted to try a champ before buying it, they wouldn't have to wait to get lucky on a rotation.

Again just a little brain burp i thought id share.