How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slinging Mango

07-30-2012

i might be wrong but riven was in rotation about a month ago

xzHsupHzx

07-30-2012

i would like nidalee, she seems epic, but i want to try her before the buy

AlphaKiloGaming

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
3) Allow players to preview all Champions eventually
That is the only part of this I have a problem with. You have over 100 available champions. I don't want to wait three to four months to try out a champion I have been wanting to try out. Like Lee Sin or Viktor. I can't remember the last time I saw those two... I would like for it to read "3) Allow players to preview all Champions evenly"

spartanica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

I think they should let each account play each champion in two or three matches.. enough for a little taste, but not like.. wait 4 months to try a new champ

Salamander Joe

07-30-2012

Necro op?

Fierce Ranma

07-30-2012

Well ive only been playing a few months now and ive got to use about 75-80% of characters . The only problem i have is when a character i think id like is on sale and i dont know if id like them or not (olaf, lee sin, shyvanna, etc). I guess not that many people have that issue but i dont like buying a character unless i like using them, otherwise there's not much point.

Oh and as for waiting to make a new character available i think thats fine, mainly because lol being a free to play game has the right to charge for some things. That and when a new character is released they're usually used in just about every match (e.g. zyra recently). If she say was free right now for the first few days everyone would be backing out of matches until they got to use the new champion, making them a cost item for the first week or so that they're out means that there's not as much of a rush to use them. Not to mention the small but noticable 'bad portions' of the community who would decide to afk or feed just because they didnt get the character they wanted.

Taëyëøn

07-30-2012

hope next weeks hero rotation will be Zyra Fiora, Fizz and lastly Riven!

Scilla15

07-30-2012

OMG Caitlyn is free? FINALLY, I've been waiting for this TY Riot! -_-

Talewhip

07-30-2012

so that results in caitlyn every week?

Kashi33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OmegaXx View Post
I've been dying to try Trynd, but he hasn't been free for 16 weeks, and I don't wanna buy him until I've played him. Maybe make him free in the next few weeks?
Its not like tryndamere is an expensive champion,1350 IP; That is like 8-10 good games worth of PVP.