How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senthysis

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matureless666 View Post
Has anyone seen lulu in one the weekly champion rotations because of all my time of playing which has been for almsot a year, there's not a single time i've seen lulu in the weekly champion rotations.
Lulu was free 2 weeks ago.

But I am seeing a lot of the same random champions just about every other week.

iM e n a c e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-17-2012

There's only so many champions. Select 8 or whatever number you decide, and name it Rotation 1.

Select a good medium between 450 ip and 6300, rotate evenly or try to anyways. But also have some knowledge between the characters that are going to be free, and try to make it good competition. Like if you decide to make shen free, throw in a vayne, Or just completely random it, -2 and throw in the easy champs. Then you might have 3-6 6300 champs. But only because there's so many.

If you're worried about new guys now having an easy champion, choose your "easy" champions, make a list, and divide them evenly among them. I think your version is the lowest costing. (450 ip or w.e)

In my opinion, if you read their skills before choosing the character, then you're probably going to play for a while. If you jump right in to the game with no knowledge of any kind, you're up a creek. And I have your paddle.

MadeHerSquirtle

07-17-2012

or shut up and let them do what they want.

Skalbairn

07-17-2012

I was thinking since free weeks main focus is to help new players build balanced teams, why not make the recommended champs free to everyone, then reduce the rotation to maybe 3-5 random champs for play testing and what not. There's 15 decent champions of every role that are an even mix of easy to moderate champs to play and that's only 15 percent of the total champion count. I mean most players, I assume, have seen a champ in the roster they wanna get within the first few hours of play regardless of that champs role or difficulty.

Sparky1756

07-17-2012

I know this is strange, but I've noticed lately the champion rotation has been happening on tuesdays, therefore I always look forward to Tuesdays. Will it stay like that?

Samır

07-18-2012

If everyone got to play Jayce for free the week he came out, then no one would've actually spent the IP or RP for him because he's not very good. Instead, you pay full price for the champion to test him out with no refund. Riot's system benefits them a lot because, regardless of your complaining, they're still making money off you.

Vekera

07-19-2012

Any ideas about last time Ahri was in the rotation? I'd really like to test her skills before spending 6300IP for her.

CXPacific

07-19-2012

Corki
Leona
Nautilus
Nocturne
Vladimir
Skarner
Vayne
Pantheon
Zilean
Veigar

WillJoeChuck

07-20-2012

viktor please

xXGNOXx

07-21-2012

i need ahri free !!!!!! pls