How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bloodnexus

07-17-2012

WHY DO YOU SAY THE FREE CHAMPIONS ARE OUT WHEN THEY ARENT. It makes me so mad.

Unamed Playť

07-17-2012

at what time did they put the rotation?

TofuKing24

Recruiter

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Legit View Post
Okay so I have been playing this game for a while now. I went from level 1-25(level I am currently now) and I have NEVER seen any of the top junglers free. (Nocturne, Lee sin, Shaco) I havent seen volibear, riven, or blitzcrank either. Graves, wukong and galio were all both free the week before this week's rotation. I don't think its fair for people to have to see people like riven, who have different playing strategies, and maybe not like them. Oops, u just wasted 6300 IP. Please Riot, respond to this and maybe give some more expensive champs some free time?
I have only seen Shaco free like 2-3 months ago. I agree with the point that Leesin and nocturne i hav never seen free. I hav seen voli like 3 weeks ago, riven quite a while and blitz like 5 weeks ago

XxAscendxX

07-17-2012

Im waiting for nocturne or lee sin to show up. those are my next best jungle choices.

1nsaneAsylum

07-17-2012

Idk maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I don't remember seeing Yorick in the champ select even once in 7 months -.- I don't really care because he's not my type of champ anyways but others might. I think that the simplicity of Chars needs to be decided by the person using them, because to me, sometimes Soraka is harder than someone like Yorick :P But I'm just a noob...

tiouncle

07-17-2012

i've been played for a while and i've never seen such champions as irelia, karma and trundle on the rotation

ThePiStOlA

07-17-2012

I've been searchin in the LoL wikia, and i realized that champions that are not ''simple'' to play are somehow ignored by Riot's choice when picking the free week guys, ex: Zilean, who is a ''instaclick guy, has been in the free week rotation for 7 TIMES in Season 2, ( which started in the end of November), while Trundle, which is one of my favorite junglers, has been 1 TIME IN THE WHOLE SEASON!
And this doesnt happen only with Trundle, but with other ''complicated'' champs to play such as Cassio, Karma, Yorick ( each one have 1 ''participation'' on free week rotation'').
I really think Riot should correct this, because it ruins some older players life when they want to try these champs, but they never get free, making us buy they, wasting 6300 ip, which is not an easy ammount to obtain.

Brockabilly99

07-17-2012

Why do we always have cheap characters from 450-1350 range of IP, And we also have all these characters that come like after next week.

LordNephets

07-17-2012

I've always felt that the free champion rotation should do it's best to allow players to test things that are brand new or changing about champions, to test new features. I think that when champions are remade or worked on, heavily nerfed or buffed, or recently released, they should be free that week so more people can test it.

For instance, why is Graves free this week when we could have Twitch or Evelyn (who were recently remade).

Additionally, if a new champion is free the week of release, that gives players the time to test them, give feedback, and more importantly, learn if they really want to buy that champion or not.

matureless666

07-17-2012

Has anyone seen lulu in one the weekly champion rotations because of all my time of playing which has been for almsot a year, there's not a single time i've seen lulu in the weekly champion rotations.