How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigMac2231

07-16-2012

this is like the 3rd time wukong is free is 2 months

KlNG THRESH

07-16-2012

Here's a random thought...
Why not let us have the very first champion we play?
There's really no way of abusing this because the free champs rotate every week...

Xythein

07-16-2012

Okay so I have been playing this game for a while now. I went from level 1-25(level I am currently now) and I have NEVER seen any of the top junglers free. (Nocturne, Lee sin, Shaco) I havent seen volibear, riven, or blitzcrank either. Graves, wukong and galio were all both free the week before this week's rotation. I don't think its fair for people to have to see people like riven, who have different playing strategies, and maybe not like them. Oops, u just wasted 6300 IP. Please Riot, respond to this and maybe give some more expensive champs some free time?

master jed98

Recruiter

07-16-2012

i think that lee sin hasn't been shown enough and i have only seen him once ever since i started playing like a year and a half ago

Xythein

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manikor View Post
I dont know if the devs still read this thread but...I personally dont like to unlock a champion I have never played. I am sure there are many like me. It would be nice all other things aside that some form of regular rotation is applied to every champion. I understand the need to have simply champs and a good mix of champs in each rotation so here is my suggestion:

Set aside 2 slots that rotate only simple champs for the new players. Make the other 8 slots or even add 2 more slots for an even 10 to rotate all of the other champs insuring a complete rotation every 8 to 10 weeks. The champs have allready been broken down into ranged/melee/fighter/mage etc. Just split all of the champs into one category and designate each of the 8 slots to a category.

IE the first 4 slots are melee champs and the last 4 slots are ranged champs. Designate one slot for tank - pull up all of the champs that are tanks and rotate only tanks in this slot. Make one slot Jungler and rotate only junglers in this slot. If a champ can be a tank or a jungler - make an executive decision on what that champ will be considered for a season and rotate only into that designated slot. Maybe one slot is AD melee and one slot is AP melee then another slot is AD range and another slot is AP range etc.

Break the champs into each of the categories and try to balance the champs so each slot has an almost equal number of champs. After each time through a complete rotation for a particular slot create a new random order for that particular slot such that the same mix of heroes isnt always together.

The way I unlock champs now is I experiment with different free champs each week. If I like one that I think I can play I unlock it - If I dont like the champ I dont unlock it. So if I never see a champ on rotation I will likely never unlock it.

I completely agree with you, except or one thing. I'm not so sure about an AP melee slot, because there is only like two AP melees, (Kassadin and Fizz) so they'd pretty much be switching out two champs every week.

RangerShotz

07-16-2012

i wanna try ppl like

LEESIN,AHRI,IRELIA,UDYR,MALZ,NID,LB,Cass,rumble,sh yv,victor,and maybe new champions such as drevan or jayce...

Philip er sej

07-16-2012

Thx for info. It has been much easier to know what champion and when we shall play

Philip er sej

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchi Bubble View Post
eventually *
what do you mean with ''eventually''?

pkplaya2

07-16-2012

i just have 1 thing to say. why is master YI so OP?

XxBChanBxX

07-16-2012

O~man i want try tht new champ