How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chanceston

07-02-2012

Why are we necroing?

Ataso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanceston View Post
Why are we necroing?
Well in all honesty they need to rework their free week rotations. They say on the first they want all champions to be free eventually but there are champions who haven't been free in over a year.

hangman401

07-02-2012

Of course, this weeks champion rotation consists of 5 champions I already own :P

Chill77

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I'm fairly late to this thread as is, but with LoL's established lanes, I see no better time to implement a system where the free champions correspond to the role they are most commonly found in. eg. 2 ap mids, 2 top, etc.
While this doesn't seem good because some champs can play different roles (ken can bot or mid), people can still do that when Ken is on rotation.

An0rphan

07-02-2012

THIS THREAD IS WAY ToO OLD.

WHY NECRO?

Beast Blades

07-03-2012

Do you think it might be possible to incorporate more champions that cost 6300 IP? If high cost champions were free more often it might make people more inclined to try them and take the time to save IP for them or even go out and buy RP cards. I know I for one would hate to take the time to save 6300 rp and buy a champion and then completely suck with them.

SSJayso

07-03-2012

When was the last time Trundle was free?

Riot, pls.

Mad Wisdom

07-03-2012

@Beast Blades

Personally, I would like to see more champions with a lower IP cost so players can purchase champions quicker via IP they earn in games. I really don't like how all the new champs are 6300 IP.But I do agree with you. Have some recommended champions and then have some champs that cost more and are harder to play.

League of Moi

07-03-2012

People asking for Champions to be in the next free week - Build up riot points this week and if they happen not to be in the next week, buy them. Stop whining when you can just buy the champion that you want to play. If you want to see how the champ plays, look up videos and guides thoroughly discussing the champions abilities, strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks.

VeniVidiVictory

07-03-2012

So far I'm pretty happy with the rotations. Yes, there could be changes to the system (as with any system) but it works. Keeps it simple for the new guys who haven't earned enough IP to buy another champion. I really doubt people would like a total newbie starting with a champion like, I don't know, Kassadin. Although an OP champion when played right, without decent knowledge on him it can easily be a train wreck.