How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brumak4eva

06-25-2012

Lee Sin was free the first week I joined, along with Gragas, I think. I'm absolutely certain that was less than two-three months ago so I wouldn't say that's too bad.
Also, I would like to see more of an organized system for which champions are selected (unless there is one already [besides the three rules from this post], in which case I apologize for not recognizing it), with certain spots out of the ten free always reserved for specific types of champions. By this, I mean something along the lines that: two champions should always be easy to use, two should always be rarely-used (statistically), two tanks, two ad, and two ap for a total of ten. Not that it should be this exact formula but perhaps a method to the madness would be nice. Just a little suggestion, not trying to rag on you guys because League of Legends is quite fun.

odineric

06-25-2012

cool

Monkiman300

06-25-2012

Just make Shaco free. Its fun to see newbies try and play him!

ODPrince

06-25-2012

"i dont think alisar is a tank" I lmao at how this has nothing to do with the champion rotation

SwagXVII

06-25-2012

Yes DRAVEN FREE CHAMP!!!

DaFluffyUnicorn

06-25-2012

plz panth and nidalee free nxt week plz

Art336

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob991 View Post
lee sin free week plz
He was free just not a few rotations ago, maybe four or five.
So check back in the free rotations (they're archived) and I know you'll have to find him just a few months back.

Art336

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODPrince View Post
"i dont think alisar is a tank" I lmao at how this has nothing to do with the champion rotation
Talking about what category he fell into (read the Riot Posts sometimes) and that's the gist.

That being said, his synergies with healing and unit collision (permanent unit noncollision?) makes him one of the best team movers (in small fights) and sustainable (heals himself for 2x what he does you).

Ungodlydeath

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAIFAIGNYODNEAG View Post
darius and varus were both free 2 weeks after they came out. why isnt draven free after 2 weeks?
it could be because of the massive maintenance that was happening during the week that he could not be put out just yet

Adminium

06-25-2012

@Riot i think you guys should add more AP casters like Viktor to the rotations