How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmbīvalenT

06-19-2012

I have noticed, that some champs are chosen more often, than others and this is very stupid. For example you choose Graves for Week 1 and then again Graves for Week 3. Why you thnik only about the new players? You think I have all the champs or so? I haven't seen Renek since months ago and some other champs... And again your pick up system is amazingly stupid. Think about that, because the game is not only for new players, and also this champion's pick up doesn't keep the game fresh.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harbinger35

06-19-2012

Will you guys to add Viktor once in a while?

badplayer615

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
Think about it, if the champion is op the first week and people want to play as that champion but don't have the ip, they're going to use rp to buy the champion then if more people do that Riot gets more money.

Odyca

06-19-2012

I would like to see Ezreal free along with Orianna. And I will also ask, why no Draven? I was looking forward to trying him.

Rageryu

06-19-2012

I would like see Hecarim free to play man hehe And thanks for show me this week how powerful can be Fiora xD nice game to all!!!o/

Braum Jermey

06-19-2012

Ninja2fu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

so if the goal for ALL champions to be free...
Why, for the whole time i've been playing league (for about a year), has akali never been free?
is it because she dirsrupts the "Symmetry in all things"?

Alizher

06-19-2012

I was thinking the same thing. I've only gotten to see Akali in action thanks to some of the vets who spend their dough wisely.. After unlocking her finally, I can see why they don't put her and similar champs on rotation.

Hybrid champs are tough to play and the last thing you want is a noob joining a pub with such a tough hero. Then again, the same could be said for Skarner but at least there are more viable build paths for him that make him less item-dependent and more "skill based", if you get what I mean.

As RiotChris mentioned early, it may seem completely random/arbitrary, but they try to offer the newer players a wide variety of archetypes while keeping playability overall as easy as possible. I notice for every rotation, maybe one or two are tough to play and the rest are easy.

I think it makes sense.. But Riot will still get trolled.. And I probably will too. *GASP*

Edzter

06-19-2012

i would like to see akali (though i already have her), renekton (consider buying him), Lulu!, karma, leblanc,

Kcarry

06-19-2012

Hey if you're looking to try new champs for free and see if they're for you then try Public Beta,
https://pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index
It's league of legends but it provides you the chance to play new champions that haven't been released and also check out the new content in upcoming patches!
Just my thought though.