How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MenacingThoughts

05-23-2012

I'm rather pleased with the rotations personally. I've tried a few of the champions that have been in the weekly free ones. I found some I didn't like, but I even found some that I'm looking forward to buying. I'm rather content with how it works now, but I also just came back last week from a long break (can't find my old account).

GoodGuy Summoner

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackalMan View Post
I personaly think that the weekly free champion rotation should regularly be rotated as the name implies, weekly. And as posted above, new champs should be rotated in the week they're released. I'm thinking rotate schedule should start Thursday night/Friday morning. That way the new rotation starts on the high traffic time , at least I'd think, of Friday - Sunday. That way you get the champ feedback fresh for the next work week. Also, since patch/content drops can be Tuesday or Wednesday and you can use that for marketing purposes: " Purchase the new champ with IP or RP and access them before they're rotated in!". Theres my 2 cents
I think this is a great idea, if you are not in marketing you should be man, well put. I would also like to third that new champs would get a lot more attention and quick feedback if you made them free the week they were released, This may even push some players to buy him at the end of that period, enhancing sales for whoever bought him before the free period. you could even make them free in the immediate rotation after the update/rotation after the update rotation, if you don't find a rotation system that works well.

Pauper

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
Excellent point.

Teadrinkers

05-25-2012

I don't know if anyone has posted this but there's a typo in FAQ # 2, where "that" should be changed to "than". I know it's no big deal, but just seems a tad unprofessional the way it is.

"Q Will some Champions be free more often than others?
A Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that others, and our first goal with the free Champion rotation is to allow new players simple Champions to try for their first games."

draaaaagon

05-26-2012

Lulu! Lulu! Lulu!

Death Seward

05-26-2012

Katarina !!!!

xSector

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

that's awesome

Uxerhaxor

05-26-2012

When it comes to the weekly champion rotation, I think that it is really good, it shows us the champions that we never would have thought about, thereby allowing us the freedom to play whichever champion that we want.

arron823

05-27-2012

eventually, i want more of a variety. every week, there are one or two champions i want to try out, and then 2 weeks later, the same champions are available. i understand that these are probably easier to play, but you have to include everyone in the picking of the free champions. so maybe, the next week, please release some champions that are barely seen. thanks!

Epixs

Recruiter

05-28-2012

I would be intrested in trying Lulu, Sona, Akali, and Ezreal =o mostly Lulu