How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxFISHxX

05-17-2012

Akali
Aniva
Evelynn
Fizz
Irelia
Janna
Javan IV
Lee Sin
Lux
Riven
Rumble
Tristina
Twitch
Volibear

That is the list of champions not yet been free since i joined (im not sure wht week it was ik Kog, leblanc, galio and graves were free tho)

There are 18 champions in that list they should probibly be knocked out in 2 weeks. But that aint gonna happen. This week and last week were good but most weeks its the SAME PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME. COME ON RIOT NEXT WEEK MAKE MOST OF THE FREE CHAMPS ON THIS LIST!

imgettingcarried

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to the week of April 1st, when they run 10 yordles.
baddd'

XxFISHxX

05-21-2012

okay week 3 of the champs on my list knocked out lux, riven and volibear

Firzenion

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFISHxX View Post
Akali
Aniva
Evelynn
Fizz
Irelia
Janna
Javan IV
Lee Sin
Lux
Riven
Rumble
Tristina
Twitch
Volibear

That is the list of champions not yet been free since i joined (im not sure wht week it was ik Kog, leblanc, galio and graves were free tho)

There are 18 champions in that list they should probibly be knocked out in 2 weeks. But that aint gonna happen. This week and last week were good but most weeks its the SAME PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME. COME ON RIOT NEXT WEEK MAKE MOST OF THE FREE CHAMPS ON THIS LIST!
You must not have been playing for long to have not seen those champs free yet. imo i think shaco is the least rotated out of all the champs and i see mf and alistar like every other week. :P i feel like the more powerful and complex a champion is the less likely they are to be free. excluding the week that new champs are made free like how varus is being made free this week.

Sam Quinee

05-21-2012

And again, Janna isnīt free , but this week we have strong junglers free, and everyday and jungling

Sarhiix

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I think you can make a list with all champs and dont repeat them untill everyone where on free week, coz there'r some champs that goes on free once in 3 or 4 month and some others that repeats more than twice in the same month.
Other way could be doing a list with price, 2 of 450, 2 of 1350, 3 of 3150 and 3 of 6300, so summoners can try them and save for expensives champs afther they try them.
And the last way i can find a good idea is to make 2 balanced teams, it means, 2 junglers, 2 tanks, 2 carry ad, 2 melee ad, and 2 heavy ap midders. You can change it including some supporters and no junglers, or 1 melee and 1 support, things like that.
But the champs rotation are going good to me for now, so keep like that, im just giving some ideas.

Galasup

05-21-2012

I've been wondering sicne months, why Rumble and Irelia haven't been free since I joined, I joined in November if i'm not wrong and i haven't seen him, other champions that aren't seen much are Akali,Evelynn,Karma, and Reneckton. What is the reason for this?
It's ok, free champions are mostly for new players, but what happens to "semi-old" players that don't have all champions yet? I wish to use Irelia for example, and if i like it i'll buy it, many people have the same thoughts but maybe with other champions that aren't free almost never, like Lee sin.
It is a waste of oportunity in terms of money if you don't rotate champions like this, because there's people that wish to buy with riots those champions.
If you didn't understand the last things i said, excuse me, English isn't my native language.
Thanks.

Galasup

05-21-2012

Hello, I wonder since months, why Rumble and Irelia haven't been free since I joined the League (I joined in Nobember i think).
Other champions like Akali, Evelynn, Karma and Reneckton are free almost never. Why is that?
I think that is a loose of opportunity, in terms of money, to don't put free some good champions, like Irelia, Lee Sin, etc. It's also good to focus not only in new players, also in semi-old players like me.
I wish to buy Irelia with RP but i haven't played her yet, so i don't want to waste my RP on a champion I don't know.
I'm sure i'm not the only one that had thought this.So it is a loose of money sometimes when you don't rotate other good champions, regardless his difficulty to play.
If you didn't understand what I said, i'm sorry but English isn't my native language.
Thanks.

Phil Nye

05-21-2012

I'm not sure if requests are considered, but I'd really like to see Xerath in the new rotation. He's sort of that weird champ that is actually pretty decent, but just not seen a lot, and I'm thinking of buying him since I've noticed I'm fairly good with positioning (and I love doing AP mid).

Evil Shad0w

05-22-2012

good information!!