How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doriantv

01-06-2011

You DO see plenty of Zilean and Morgana, though. Not complaining, since I enjoy playing them. But really, I don't have to bother buying them, which is awesome.

Daddy Dennis

01-06-2011

I honestly think new accounts should be able to use all the heroes for the first week at least.

Inspectah Spesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

no offence or anything, but do you think you could go for some variety? not sure if this is the right thread, just the one i was on, but considering 5 of the last 12 champs have been mages, can we see maybe some more tanks or supports? or even a new dps?
getting a little repetitive is all. also, how come almost all the newest champs have been 6300 IP? makes it quite hard to keep up with, and some like cassiopia and caitlyn really shouldn't be that expensive.

Benpasko

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post

Q I don't think Alistar is a Tank
A Okay - not a question, but yes, thanks to our item system, Champions can be built different ways. That means many Champions can be played as different types (for example, as a Tank or Melee DPS). To keep things simple, we list only one type for each Champion in our statistics, but many of them can be played differently than the type we list.

- RiotChris
I lol'd at this.

ProblematicTroll

01-08-2011

I would like to se LeBlanc as a free champion, because even though she's supposed to be hard to play, I never really see any champions that can dish out AoE damage, and that means new player games are usually boring and consist of everyone hiding in bushes. I know because I myself was level 1 a few weeks ago, when anivia was the only free champion with a long range AoE move. And I think that having to aim instead of point and click is much more fun.

Frmla

01-08-2011

Irelia for next week please. I really want to try her out.

asterix1234

01-09-2011

freeeeee caitlyn

KILAH4716

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2011

Could you at least announce the following week's Champion Rotation, or is that how forum trolls are born?

iFoundMolly420xX

01-10-2011

If you make the new champs available the same week they they are released it would be so hard for people that actually bought them to try the champ out. What's more fair someone who payed to play it gets to, or someone who is getting the option to try it for free. =P Just saying if I buy a champ the day it comes out it's already hard enough to be able to play it as other people bought it to. But at least I get more a chance this way then if it's free.

Affirm

Recruiter

01-10-2011

When was the last time we saw rammus in the rotation? :S