Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How we choose weekly free champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ratxui

01-30-2012

I started playing LoL in August and since then, I haven't seen any Gragas freeweek, please be the next, Riot

Cho Guevara

Recruiter

01-30-2012

ummm... i would like some champions on the free week that i haven't seen in a while and that i'm hoping to buy but i want to try it out first. So can you see if you can put either Malzahar or Wukong on the free week? thanks

Cho Guevara

Recruiter

01-30-2012

Quote:
RiotChris:
Good suggestions Giggz (and welcome to the US forums). However, some of the Champions have positive or negative synergies across types. For instance, if we made Twitch and Shaco free the same week, it would be stealth-city. Or what about Ryze, Morgana, Blitzcrank and Malphite - that would be stun-ville (but they're all different types). That could happen coincidentally if we used lists of types, so I like the personally-tweaked rotations rather than automatic (and then we can listen to player requests). It also ensures that we have enough easy Champions in the rotations - our #1 goal.

- RiotChris

Hi Chris,
Now that you've brought that up, i feel that many times, you have repeated many champions many weeks therefore i believe that maybe you can put out some harder champions to play once in a while or else every week will be more or less the same to the past week.

example: i've seen caitlyn, ryze, ashe, rammus, nunu warwick and yi repeated many times and I think that you should also start putting out other champions for us to try such as Malzahar, Wukong, Talon, Kennen, or Jarvan. I do understand that you are trying to let play easier champions for starters to try out but you should also put out some harder champions for those that are more experienced to play.

Ja5h1n

01-30-2012

Looking for Akali, Fizz, and Nidalee.
They haven't been put on free week for a while now..

Shynjax287

01-30-2012

There should be different champion rotation categories. For example, a free champion rotation for Co-op vs. AI bots, a different one for high ELO players. And the players should be able to vote for the champions they want most, but Riot should be able to make a FEW changes, not all of it.
For example, let's say the community picks Tryndamere, Soraka, Alistar, and Ahri over and over again. Then Riot should be allowed to change this.
The players must also be allowed to vote in different categories. For example, they should be able to choose the free champs from the AP Carry category, the Tank category, the AD Carry, the Support category, and all the other minor categories ( Assassin, Fighter, Mage )

I made these suggestions as a plan to catch up with our diverse community. Many players may say Ryze is weak, but other players may dominate with him. Some may say Master Yi is too squishy early game ( which is why he almost never makes it into late game if I lane vs. him ) but MANY MANY more would prove me wrong.

I hope you read this post and consider it Riot, because in my opinion, this will allow different-level players decide who's easiest/hardest for them to play

P.S. This is also to allow for those many players who haven't seen some champs in a LONG time ( well not a LONG time but you know what I mean).

LMQ Tc weejee

01-30-2012

what

Tømøya

01-30-2012

Please underline the part that states Caitlyn must be on the list at least once a month. I seem to have missed it.

mau1112

01-30-2012

When is kennen, gragas, shaco, udyr, lee sin, lux, and trundle free week?
Really this guys havent be in free week i might say like at least 25 weeks each.

DavidJerk

01-30-2012

Udyr has not been free since June of 2011. Kennen was May of 2011, I think.

I understand that you wish to make some of the "easier" champs free more often, but I disagree with that. There are plenty of "easy" champs out there that aren't Caitlyn, Ashe, Annie, Yi, etc. I really want more variety.

Kidan

01-30-2012

Hello RiotChris, thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-The Beard