How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crimson Soul

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
Trundle hasn't been free since August. Please make him free.
This please.

BarbalootSuit

01-10-2012

why not put up a free to play list voting system?

Charlie Wahl

01-10-2012

How about have a vote for one of them? Just make sure the same champ doesn't show in as the user-picked slot more than X-times a year. That way you'd be able to tell which champions the players like the most (add more content so more RP is spent) and what champions they don't (alter some skills to make them more enjoyable to play as).

NergalTheMad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2012

I've been playing for several months and can't remember Lux being free. I've been wanting to try her out.

SmartAlec13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I would like to see Kennen or Trundle free. Havent seen Kennen free in forever

aly2004

01-11-2012

i think setting champs the week they're produced will help advertise them

satanwarmaster

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Boy From Mars View Post
Really? I started when riven came out and i've seen akali and udyr free. Idk, I might be wrong but I feel like they have.
youre wrong

Based Escroto

01-12-2012

Quote:
Q Will some Champions be free more often than others?
A Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that others, and our first goal with the free Champion rotation is to allow new players simple Champions to try for their first games.
I totally understand Riot doing this, just because this game is F2P, and there are just so many new players everyday that simpler champions plays are large role in making the new players keep playing. But what about the players that already played for a few weeks, months, or even years? All I am just trying to say is that maybe something new would be nice, because I've seen all the champions this week more than twice, except viktor of course. So it would be nice if u could switch up the champions a bit, maybe allow new players to try out different faces of the game, instead of just the simple way.

Btw, Yorick, Jarvan IV, Nidalee, Skarner, and Shyvana would be nice.

trustlonggod

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
nidalee next time plz

BANGBANGBANGMAN

01-14-2012

Lee Sin, The Blind Monk

Everyone does right?