How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diminert

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thutrian View Post
How about what is the average length of time on the rotation? Is it more like one week, or one month?
One week, changes every Tuesday.

Cthulu Almighty

07-11-2011

1350: Fiddlesticks(Mage, Jungler, Ranged) Attack(3) Health(4) Difficulty(6) Spell Damage(10)
6300: Renekton(Fighter, Melee) Attack(10) Health(6) Difficulty(4) Spell Damage (3)
Cassiopeia(Mage, Ranged) Attack(3) Health(4) Difficulty(10) Spell Damage(10)

I am so happy these 3 are out this rotation, thanks for listening Riot, it is always good to get at least 3 from the ask for list . Also is Leona coming out with rotation?

NeoCustard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

Cassiopeia, Fiddlesticks, Renekton AND Vayne?

This is a good week.

Blind Mag

07-11-2011

Still waiting for Trundle free week, he's the only champion I haven't tried at least once =X

Oktenko

07-11-2011

Hey Riot, why exactly do you continue to have the same champions free every other week. Characters like Corki are free once every couple of months but others (Annie and Ashe) are free almost every other week.This is a very bad system. This current rotation that you have announced seems to be the worst for this yet. Annie and Rammus were free the week of June 21 and Cho'gath and Soraka the week of June 14, and yet the last time Karma was free was the week March 29. What's with you guys?

Occollo

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktenko View Post
Hey Riot, why exactly do you continue to have the same champions free every other week. Characters like Corki are free once every couple of months but others (Annie and Ashe) are free almost every other week.This is a very bad system. This current rotation that you have announced seems to be the worst for this yet. Annie and Rammus were free the week of June 21 and Cho'gath and Soraka the week of June 14, and yet the last time Karma was free was the week March 29. What's with you guys?
They explain that on the first page. paraphrased cuase im lazy, some champions will be out more often then others, this is to allow new players an option to play a simpler charector, and too still give enough ability examples to allow noobs to have a balanced team. remember if you've played long enough to know these things then you probably own champs but the 1st lv summoner needs the free champ rotation more.

iTzCoconutHead

07-11-2011

Fiddlesticks, Vayne, Annie and Garen...

FML

ASC Bruiser Bud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiaNeko View Post
Still waiting for Trundle free week, he's the only champion I haven't tried at least once =X
I will agree with you on that, Trundle is one of the few champions I have yet to play and I started playing this game the beginning of March when my friend introduced me. I would like to try out Trundle before I buy him because 4800 IP is a ton of IP for a champ I might not enjoy. Riot needs to look back at the free week history and take note of when the last time champs have been free. If one champ hasn't been free in over 2 months they need to throw it in the mix.

MostDark

Recruiter

07-11-2011

Thx Very Match

The Real Smoff

07-11-2011

How about you stop putting 450 champs (let alone MULTIPLE) on free week, they're 450 IP.. if we wanted to play them we would.