How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Euraxus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

A GREAT way to make sure people get to test out new champions would probably be to make the least 5 champions bought the week before and the least 5 champions bought from the week before that free. I can see virtually no problems, besides manipulating which champions are bought/free.

Yaphez

06-27-2011

How much longer do you think till yorick will be free?

Hiicantpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

The last Free Champion Rotation that had Gragas in it was at the end of February.
The last Free Champon Rotation for Eve was October 2010 (Thank god ._.)
Karma was last free at the end of March
Lux was last free at the end of march
Pantheon was last free in January
Poppy was last free at the end of march
Shaco was last seen NOVEMBER 30th!!
Trundle was last seen free at the end of Feb
Trynd was last free mid-Feb
TF was last free in January
Twitch was last free at the end of march

There has also been 3 or 4 champs from the April 5th rotation that have not been free since.

Cass, Eve, Gragas, Karma, Lux, Nidalee, Olaf, Pantheon, Poppy, Shaco, Trundle, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Twitch.

I have never/not in a long time seen a free week for these champions (I joined around week 37), and I believe they deserve a chance in the spotlight asap:

So riot, what do you think of these characters? Are they not good enough to be put out for free wek or what?

Removed Akali and Vladimir from the list, as they are free this week.

Hawy

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiicantpk View Post
The last Free Champion Rotation that had Gragas in it was at the end of February.
The last Free Champon Rotation for Eve was October 2010 (Thank god ._.)
Karma was last free at the end of March
Lux was last free at the end of march
Pantheon was last free in January
Poppy was last free at the end of march
Shaco was last seen NOVEMBER 30th!!
Trundle was last seen free at the end of Feb
Trynd was last free mid-Feb
TF was last free in January
Twitch was last free at the end of march

There has also been 3 or 4 champs from the April 5th rotation that have not been free since.

Cass, Eve, Gragas, Karma, Lux, Nidalee, Olaf, Pantheon, Poppy, Shaco, Trundle, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Twitch.

I have never/not in a long time seen a free week for these champions (I joined around week 37), and I believe they deserve a chance in the spotlight asap:

So riot, what do you think of these characters? Are they not good enough to be put out for free wek or what?

Removed Akali and Vladimir from the list, as they are free this week.
Champions that they are willing to change/nerf won't be on the free week any soon. So:

- Shaco, Evelynn and Twitch (Stealth remake)
- TF and Pantheon (Global teleports)
- Karma and Lux (Supports that need to farm, unlike the others)
- Nidalee (has a lot of bugs)
- Olaf (one of the worse tanky dps atm)
- Tryndamere (is getting a remake, according to Guinsoo's twitter)

But yeah, you got a point on Gragas, Cass and Trundle. I want to see those.

They also put champions that they recently changed or are wondering if they should change or not on the free week.
So, this week we have:
Recently changed: Vlad (nerfed last patch) and Kassadin (buffed last patch)
Probably going to be changed: Ezreal (the worse ranged ad, or one of the worse), Kayle (getting a remake), Shen (overnerfed recently), Singed (buff on his ultimate on the last few patches may or may not been too much), Udyr (outshined by other jungler), Akali (holy **** burst).

nukaduke

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawy View Post
Champions that they are willing to change/nerf won't be on the free week any soon. So:

- Shaco, Evelynn and Twitch (Stealth remake)
- TF and Pantheon (Global teleports)
- Karma and Lux (Supports that need to farm, unlike the others)
- Nidalee (has a lot of bugs)
- Olaf (one of the worse tanky dps atm)
- Tryndamere (is getting a remake, according to Guinsoo's twitter)

But yeah, you got a point on Gragas, Cass and Trundle. I want to see those.

They also put champions that they recently changed or are wondering if they should change or not on the free week.
So, this week we have:
Recently changed: Vlad (nerfed last patch) and Kassadin (buffed last patch)
Probably going to be changed: Ezreal (the worse ranged ad, or one of the worse), Kayle (getting a remake), Shen (overnerfed recently), Singed (buff on his ultimate on the last few patches may or may not been too much), Udyr (outshined by other jungler), Akali (holy **** burst).
He has gone to say it is not exactly a remake but more of quality of life changes. Apparently instead of being a buff, his Q will become a resource type system for enemies to easily tell how many stacks he has.

ReleaseTheEvil

06-27-2011

I'm actually really happy with the new champs. A lot I haven't tried yet along with many who I wanted to try!

Thanks Riot!

NoGameINoLife

Recruiter

06-27-2011

Hmmm second week in a row I own all of them

Deathcells

06-27-2011

i need vladimir 0.0

Lucinus

Recruiter

06-27-2011

I have been playing this game for awhile now and i have yet to see Gragas as a free champion. I may have been not here that week but i would like to play him before i buy him. n Please consider putting him in the rotation more often.

Volcaetis

06-27-2011

One champion I'd like to see free soon is Anivia. I only started playing relatively recently, but I really want to try her. I looked up the last time she was free - 10 weeks ago, in mid-April. And then 15 weeks before that. I would really like to see her in the rotation soon.