How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joemi

06-22-2010

ever since i join ezreal has never been free i really want to try him to see if i should buy him

Apocalypsus

06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyBoi View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
that would really suck... wouldnt you get bored of those 3 champs ? and also you can just buy those 3 champs that you want... btw what if a new champ comes out and you dont have enough ip or rp to buy him... changing champs is much better than selecting 3... theres my 2,3,4,5,6... alot of cents on this subject

2Sense

06-23-2010

I would say having less dps carries would benefit the community. People like to play bad dps carries, and weeks where there are 2-3 harder ones to play I end up q-dodging more than I get to play.

sti1tzkin

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueBoy View Post
Plz make corki or twitch free this summer

This. I searched and it looks like the last time Twitch was free was mid March. As he is one of the most expensive champions I'd really like to get a chance to try him before buying him. Thanks!

WhaChuMeenDoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

is there any way that more champions could be free in a week? because as the number of champions increases it is hard to get to a certain champion, could you do it by a percentage of the champions be available?

Rhetorical Hippo

06-28-2010

Im really disappointed that super cheap champions like Ashe are free 14 times, but champions I have literally never seen be free in 20 weeks of playing like Nidalee are still sitting at 3 times.

Ashe is 450 IP...There is no excuse to make her free when -anyone- can buy her after just a few games, even if they are brand new.

Xerath Support

06-29-2010

I like their system because it gives people the opportunity to see where they are at. Like mages, DPS, ranged, melee. Personally i like ranged but thats just my opinion.

Anyway there was one person on the first page who mentioned having new champions free on the week they are out. I completely agree with that, Im STILL saving up for Kog'Maw and i don't even know if hes good because I've never seen him in a game. So that idea would be excellent.

One more little thing, I think that the riot team should add 1v1,2v2,and 4v4. Not in private matches but completely legit. It can't be that hard to do because no new maps are needed. All those game types can be played on the 3v3 maps.

~John

Balvron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

i think that champions that are just released should be free the first week that way no one has to wait and waste money or ip on getting the character to find out that they dont like the character. ohh and what was with last week when you did a rotation twice but went back to the original one(roughly the same day kogmaw was released) i liked that random rotation and had more fun with those charecters.

Balvron

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fett Man View Post
I disagree with having new Champs free the first week, simply because then every game has that character on both sides, usually without anyone having practiced them. This of course just leads to feeders. Not fun
yea but then people can get the hang of that character with out wasting the ip or rp needed to buy that character, so would yo rather waste 6300 on a new champ or have him be in the free rotate so you can learn how to play him lol

Balvron

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaldir View Post
I think it's too much focus on new heroes and too little focus on new maps.

Getting pretty tired of Summoner's Rift..
I COMPLETELY agree granted i've only been playing LoL for 3 weeks now i am still bored of the 2 map variants(3 if you count he winter version for the 5v5) although they show you a small world when you make a practice game you can only pick frown two, what is with that? the two maps you have out are fun but get really repetitive, it'd be a nice change to play a different map once in a awhile.