How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrRamen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

please don't put jax on this selection

Lightsaber122

05-10-2010

First time i got on lol i thought the free champs were picked with a dart board of the champ pics, and some guy throwing some darts with a blindfold... i still lol thinking about it.

WickedTico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsaber122 View Post
First time i got on lol i thought the free champs were picked with a dart board of the champ pics, and some guy throwing some darts with a blindfold... i still lol thinking about it.
LoL...but don't be ridiculous, it's a roulette table.

+1 to morde for free next week

Cactot

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshirulz View Post
Having champs free on the week they come out would be horrifyingly bad. I mean even when they champs are T3 priced in ip there are a massive amount of crybaby queue dodgers that leave queue just because they didnt get the new champ, which in turn leads to having to wait 20 mins to get a game that actually makes it through. This happened with Garen real bad.
The other issue with making them free right away is that if the champ is broken (*COUGH* Garen and his 5 second stun *COUGH*) the damage will be minimized pre-fix if the player base of that character is smaller. But yeah, queue dodging would be a nightmare as well.

yourdeath my win

05-11-2010

Can you try to put in mordkaiser or shen free for the next week beacuse on the chart they have each only been free one week. I see this as a problem beacuse some games you might do really bad as a champ and not want to buy it. Well that's just some feed back but if you want to check the chart you can.https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...5&d=1273533904

EH SPOiNKS

05-12-2010

On week 26 can "Shaco" be free?..

Been wanting to try him out.

Spectre7

05-13-2010

I really want to see Kennen or Ezreal next time.We spen so little time with them playing...

Archleone

05-13-2010

Ezreal was free last week and it was horrible. SOOOOOOOOO many bad ezreals took the mid lane, forcing me to lane with terrible tanks as nasus instead of the mid awesomeness I usually do as nasus.

batkodoncho

05-18-2010

Can we suggest champions in the comments? If we can i suggest Anivia:The Cryopheonix for 28 week. :]
And 10x for the free champs Riot Games ur the best

Fett Man

05-19-2010

I disagree with having new Champs free the first week, simply because then every game has that character on both sides, usually without anyone having practiced them. This of course just leads to feeders. Not fun