How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corazu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfearlesshoee View Post
I personally think that when a new champion comes out (rumble for instance) they should be free for the week so that the players that arent always so close to a place where they can buy riot points or they do not choose to save up the IP can also experiance the new character and decide if they want to buy him/her or not.

just my opinion
hopefully this makes sense to everyone.
They never make the new champ free the week is released. Usually it's a week or 2 after. If you want it the week it comes out, you buy it, otherwise, you wait. Makes sense to me.

Ril Gan

04-25-2011

It makes sense to locked the new champ for the week or so. Everyone desire to take the new one and thats usualy leads to mass leaving in game queue.

BiscuitCookie

04-25-2011

I think it would make sense to make the champions, who got a major overhaul in a patch, free in the same week as the patch. That way you can get more info on how the patch affected the champion.

manickitty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ril Gan View Post
It makes sense to locked the new champ for the week or so. Everyone desire to take the new one and thats usualy leads to mass leaving in game queue.
Um, the same thing would just happen the following week.

Random4 lyf

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Q Will some Champions be free more often than others?
A Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that others, and our first goal with the free Champion rotation is to allow new players simple Champions to try for their first games.
Just to let you know there is a typo at around, Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that others, and our...........

Grammatically speaking should that, that be a than?

And to all those who complain about repeated champs, thats your answer, and i am a higher leveled player but i can never get the hang of it, haven't had a good game in a while, so i can still be classed as a 'noob' but i just take that criticism and say 'yes i am and i like it that way'

But it is good to know that some Champions get rotated more often than others, it just means you can practise them a lot more. Just put Twitch in a bit more often

Hope you have a good one riot, keep these updates and rotations coming, your not the only Online gaming company that gets bad feedback from people who hate when you try to make the game better for the general group of players. Just you could of atleast made rumble a girl

(P.S You Know, there could be no rotation for this aswell, with the new players being able to choose one 450 IP character and playing from there)

Yokugawa

04-26-2011

Guys, i agreed with the ideia of release new champ on same week, cuz many times a saw new champs and thing in try out they, just to know how is the gameplay with then.

I belive i am not the only one who thing like that and ill be realy nice if riot try out that.
What u say?

xXYoungStunnaXx

04-26-2011

:[ they nvr put the people i wanna try!!! D:

Conclave

Master Recruiter

04-26-2011

Tooo much NEW Brands out there this week.

Shaming his name, b.c every room i go to. The Brands.... 7/18/? or 2/9/?

Seemeasthis

Recruiter

04-26-2011

Quote:
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.
PLEASE stop posting SO many bloody stunners in one rotation..sheesh...

Epic Donuts

04-26-2011

Pantheon please!