How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Philslips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I think that you should make one or two of the more op champs each week, 1 for the noobs who could use a good champ and people like me who are new to ranked and are getting pwned by very adept players who have played ranked for months and months. Even mobafire wont help me half the time.

Philslips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

I am not usually suckish, mind you. If it sounds weird, Im reading a book, and i think its startind to effect the way i converse(see, i even said converse instead of talk).

Liggitybop

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
If you want to hate something for not having a pattern, hate the lottery :P
lol so true and we are playing a FREE game they could go down for a week and we would still be back so why complain its not like we play 15 a month to play like wow

QuickCrusher

04-22-2011

Will u ever make female tanks?

kyocat64

04-22-2011

I like the female tank idea. And also can Pantheon be free next rotation? Cause I've been wanting to try him forever

Fight567

04-23-2011

I used to wonder why some champions were free more often than others. now i know. Thanks for the info

LatteRcrimsOn

04-23-2011

When will karthus be free ever sense i started LoL he wasn't free so i'm still waiting for Karthus to be free

FrozenRyan

04-23-2011

Galio, Veigar, Gangplank, Gragas, Irelia, Kassadin, Kog, Kennen, Renekton, Shaco, Taric, Trundle, Urgot... (Xin Zhao too but i have him so just forget it :P)

iamfearlesshope

04-23-2011

I personally think that when a new champion comes out (rumble for instance) they should be free for the week so that the players that arent always so close to a place where they can buy riot points or they do not choose to save up the IP can also experiance the new character and decide if they want to buy him/her or not.

just my opinion
hopefully this makes sense to everyone.

King Arrudar

04-23-2011

it seems like there are less and less free champs all the time.
And theres so many repeats.
this is the 3rd time in 3 months ive seen HiemerDinger.

When is malz gonna be free. I want to preview him cuz PPL say hes OP.