How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kebbsta

04-05-2011

Where is Renekton for once on the Rotation

Nyix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

I agree with the others that new champs should be free in the first week but also I would like to see the chance to play more advanced champs in free to play as well, I'm reluctant to use points on a champ I don't know if I will like, especially if they are high point champs.

Akintunde

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguru San View Post
I didn't read all of the posts so I don't know if this has been suggested yet but I think that one of the least played champions should also be in the cycle so that they will get played more and have more buys.
Actually, I think that's an amazing idea! Combine that with trying to balance all of the character types and we're good to go!

MazoMackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-05-2011

Could you make more free champions per week tho

like 12-15 champions

Charlemagne3

04-05-2011

I would prefer to stop seeing the same champs rotated over and over again. Ashe, for example. I dont really get the whole "recommended" thing, and its kind of aggravating to own her and yet half the people in the game get her every other week.

I mean, what is recommended? It is hardly adequate with the variety of champs, and you took away the other useless champ tags.

Mattnumbers

04-05-2011

I don't think the 450 IP champions should appear so often. It only takes like 3 or 4 games to save up enough to buy one anyways.

Campbell

04-05-2011

The reason they have champions like Ash a lot is because she is easy to learn. The reason they have 450 ip champions in the rotation is so new players can try champions they can afford not just buy them and hope for the best.

Silentium soluS

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerzerKNovA View Post
Karthus SHOULD NEVER BE FREE HIS ULTI WILL KILL THAT WEEK people in both team will be spamming "R"
Or you can, you know, learn how to counter him.
I heard there is a mythical champion named soraka who has a direct counter to karthus' ultimate, but you know, everybody is too busy playing carries to care about that.

dorko4u

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSoSlow View Post
Why is riot pushing people to play cass so much? shes only good in laning phase, then dies two seconds into teamfight after stunning only 1 dude with her buggy ult usually.
What do you mean? Cass was only free once before. I was looking foward to trying her out! Along with good ol' rare Olaf. Now I just need to play other rare champions like Shaco...

Arc insanity

04-05-2011

does it usually take 5 hours to change champions after announcing it?