How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Me Blacksmith

03-15-2011

I am unsure whether or not this was brought up or if the information is valid but to the best of my knowledge Shaco has not been seen much on the list of champions that are free to play. In fact on a list I had seen he had appeared no more than once. I can understand reasons why he would not appear one among those being that to new players he could be quite intimidating to play as he does require a bit of knowledge to play but I feel that he is not seen enough while at the same time I am seeing champions appear only two weeks apart. While I understand the reasons why as I said before I still feel that champions like Shaco still need their appearance on the schedule more often. Perhaps something such as implementing another rule along the lines of the frequency of appearance on the list would reduce the likely hood that the champion would reappear before those who have appeared less often would remedy this (that is if you do in fact view it from the same perspective I do). Also I would like it to be known I did not want Shaco to be entirely singled out I simply chose Shaco because his number of appearances best defined my concerns.

Sachabot

03-15-2011

Just out of curiosity, exactly how many times in a year will a given champion show up? Say, Twisted Fate?

5uperNoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purona View Post
oh wow quite frankly your comment is rude and plain idiotic

why shouldnt we complain about a character being op or up should we just leave them alone and let them dominate or be dominated regardless of player skill or should we tell riot whats wrong so they can balance it out

what if you only pay for champions that you play on free week like why waste real money on a champion you turn out not to like right its a waste your post assumes that no one has ever payed for a champion to play this game which is wrong since the game is still running
Instead of complaining and leaving post's that say such and such Character is OP and that Riot have ruined the game, only a minority actually state what they find wrong with the specific issue and even fewer still form an intelligent argument on why it should or shouldnt be changed.

And in regards to "paying" for characters, if your unsure if you like it or not use your IP not RP. Save the RP for skins or bundles that give you lots of Characters to use etc. There are 10 choices a week to play with for free and IP dosnt take that long to acquire There was never any assumption about players never paying for Characters, just that people who really really really dont want to dont have to.

Cheers

S

Ecrasher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

thanks for the insight!!

Soulrin10

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to the week of April 1st, when they run 10 yordles.
well i only see 8 yordles (nunu seems to be human), so riot gotta get workin' on that.

hey riot, get busy.

edit: forgot corki.

nowarelien

03-15-2011

I think it would be cool if you could align the free champions with the Lore, setting the game up for grudge matches between champions that have conflict in their histories, or just to get some theme going. i.e. malzahar, kassadin, and cho'gath for the void. kayle and morgana for their conflict, etc.

DeathByWaffle

03-15-2011

I'd like to see a champion rotation where every free champion is a support hero.

LT PapaBear MG

03-15-2011

Isn't the third Question wrong as y'all do it every Tuesday now?

dbzas

03-15-2011

thanks for info dudes c(:

D3aN0 Supr33mo

03-17-2011

You should give us a sneak peek of what champions are going to be free in the coming week so then people dont go buying Ezreal, a 6300 champion, the day before they make him a free champ. Oh yeah, and when I bought him, turns out i don't like him that much. What a shame I would've found that out if I waited a day longer.