How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5uperNoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

Sorry if i sound like a *****, but really? We read about people screaming at RIOT that the game is **** or that the characters are OP or UP and more whinging and carrying on about Twitch not being free. Riot provides a FREE game that unless you want to spend money on you don't have to. I have only been playing a few weeks and quite frankly alot of you guys disgust me with your attitude. And if you havnt got Twitch in 30 weeks of playing LOL.QUIT!

ITS FREE DUMB ASS!

Cheers

S

SharkPiledriver

03-15-2011

How riot chooses weekly free champs:

-Assign each champ to a random key on keyboard
-Slam face into keyboard until necessary number of champs met.

Giroux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

i like how riot chooses gives time for the new hero before it's free.
otherwise every game will have 2 of the new hero.
and in addition, u see the new hero from time to time before its free to see what ways you can die from or kill it.

Rakkae

03-15-2011

Sure putting out the simpler champs is good for newer players, but the harder ones for the more experienced played arn't out very often....And there very expensive

Purona

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5uperNoob View Post
Sorry if i sound like a *****, but really? We read about people screaming at RIOT that the game is **** or that the characters are OP or UP and more whinging and carrying on about Twitch not being free. Riot provides a FREE game that unless you want to spend money on you don't have to. I have only been playing a few weeks and quite frankly alot of you guys disgust me with your attitude. And if you havnt got Twitch in 30 weeks of playing LOL.QUIT!

ITS FREE DUMB ASS!

Cheers

S
oh wow quite frankly your comment is rude and plain idiotic

why shouldnt we complain about a character being op or up should we just leave them alone and let them dominate or be dominated regardless of player skill or should we tell riot whats wrong so they can balance it out

what if you only pay for champions that you play on free week like why waste real money on a champion you turn out not to like right its a waste your post assumes that no one has ever payed for a champion to play this game which is wrong since the game is still running

alan420

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznvampy View Post
i personally think that having the new champions become free and playable to anyone the second week is perfect. it gives everyone who hasnt bought the character a chance to observe players become experienced with the new character. i only say this cause when i try new champs, i often try to remember how i lost to the player who used the champion the 4th day after he came out. and that player did not use many of the recommended items. also could something be done about the recommended items? or are they set up to be non-specialized so the player can experiment and find their niche?
applaud your learning ability - your getting stomped by smurfs usually and trying to learn

watch high ranked players and view their match history to get some ideas of items to use

alan420

03-15-2011

to everyone that says it is free - thats because YOU have not spent money does not mean the rest of us have not spent more than a retail game costs

Dragoon65

03-15-2011

Can (uber noob) just say itd be fun to have a week (or more if they want) where every champion is free? Maybe during tournament time or something. It would really make people choose who they want or allow them to explore. Just a thought from an UBER NOOB

Dani Tura

03-15-2011

I understand that the rotation is based on easy characters to play. However throwing one harder character to play each week would also be nice. I've been debating on weather or not to buy a few champions only b/c I don't know if I would like to play as them. Like Cass, it says she is the hardest champion in the game to play, she also costs a lot of money. I've been waiting to buy her to see if she ends up on the rotation, but after reading this I'm going to guess she won't ever be on the rotation.

The Shank

03-15-2011

Its free teemo week again...