How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonKarlos

03-08-2010

Dont make new heroes free the first week.. i say this simply because of "nidalee shutdown week" if anyone can remember when nidalee was new. every person chose to do a solo practice game to check her out which resulted in:
no server slots for real games for the first 2 days on the european server atleast...

besides the dread of that happening again... people wanting the new heroes free thier first week are properbly the same guys who havent payed a single dime to play the game nor bought any riot points/combat points thus not contributing to paying the saleries of the hard working people at riot and goa... and imho if you havent payed for any content you dont have any reason to whine about anything...

there is my two cents

Chimeray

03-10-2010

Please provide more hard to play champions, I'd like to test them out if it's actually worth it. I don't want to buy Anivia and then see that's she's too hard for me and that I'm going to play someone else anyways, 6300 IP lost...

So... Anivia next week rotation? It's been 5 weeks already

EpicTurtles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
There is an easy solution to this problem.
A. Add all Types of characters to their MAIN prospective lists (e.g. Tank Tag, Ranged DPS, Assassin)
B. Use either a psuedorandom generator for each list.
C. Add the new champions to this list in their respective area.
D. To prevent repeats make a command that states something to the effect of:
week x != x-1;

Toten

03-10-2010

I would like to see blitzcrank as a free champ again. I would like to see how he measures up to all these new champions and as much as I would like to buy him and try it out myself, he is a bit expensive. I was actually saving up for him but then mordekaiser came along and stole my heart. anywho, with all the new changes and champions i would like to see some older champs in the mix to ensure that they are still up to par, blitzcranck is just a personal request and i havent seen him in the rotation since like week 2 or 3

Defranco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackalMan View Post
I personaly think that the weekly free champion rotation should regularly be rotated as the name implies, weekly. And as posted above, new champs should be rotated in the week they're released. I'm thinking rotate schedule should start Thursday night/Friday morning. That way the new rotation starts on the high traffic time , at least I'd think, of Friday - Sunday. That way you get the champ feedback fresh for the next work week. Also, since patch/content drops can be Tuesday or Wednesday and you can use that for marketing purposes: " Purchase the new champ with IP or RP and access them before they're rotated in!". Theres my 2 cents
This is a very good idea that also considers both sides, the players and the business.

White Blood

03-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to the week of April 1st, when they run 10 yordles.
LOL 10 yordles! THAT'S GONNA BE FUUN

KoN Ducki33

03-19-2010

i have a question, the blind monkl character in the in-game trailor #2, was that remade into Udyr or a failed character? respond please im desperate to find out

ŠØÜLŠTÊÅLËR

03-24-2010

honestly im a little bummed that the week 18 rotation didn't come with todays huge patch i reread this and u say its not every day and around big patches so why didnt u do it now?

emptySOUL

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyBoi View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
if you bought the game you were givin several free champions but thats just an option they gave you. as well you can spend RP / IP to keep them forever.

Natolo

03-27-2010

I think that you guys should let new champions be free for like 3-5 games for just a taste...