Pick order in draft mode.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ySoEasy

01-19-2011

I've been meaning to make this thread for a while, and now seemed like the best time.

Who came up with the idea that highest elo should pick first and lowest elo should pick last, and thought it was a good idea? As far as I am concerned, higher elo players have a wider selection of champions, and are proficient with more than just say 1 ranged carry.

Time and time again the lowest elo player will have the champion that he/she plays best taken, forcing them into a champion they are unsure of. You could say, "Well ySoEasy, if the noob can't play more than a handful of champions, he should stay out of ranked." That isn't how I see it.

For example, one of my friends would be considered mediocre at best. Yet, if you put Shaco or Kennen in his hands, he is legendary. When I duo queue with him, I am first pick and he is last, and I know that I might get raged at, but I will lock in Kennen or Shaco first pick to trade with him later.

It is up to the higher elo players to mold their comp around lower elo players. Sure, they need to learn other roles, but I don't want them learning in ranked. If they are in the mood to play ranked, and play even one role extremely well, let them play that role. This would solve all the complaints of, "First three picks were carries, now the low elo player will lock in a carry," and turn it into, "First three picks were carries / ap, but since I got into this elo on my own and wasn't carried, I will pick a tank for the benefit of the team."

Just my 2c.

MadDetective

01-19-2011

Or, they can just play normal until they are good enough with a wide enough selection of characters to fill the roles they may need to fill.

ySoEasy

01-20-2011

Bump

CoryTP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2011

bump

Lightsotrippy

10-20-2011

bump

Glib Goose

10-20-2011

i like this, though low elo shouldnt be first pick unless they changed who bans too. maybe highest elo should pick last but also get to do bans?

trumpetman14

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooose View Post
i like this, though low elo shouldnt be first pick unless they changed who bans too. maybe highest elo should pick last but also get to do bans?
^That sounds good. Also, I like your logic op.