Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rae, The Liberated Inventor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amanda Please

06-14-2014

As a support player...I really wanted to try my hand at making a champion that really gave off that "Synergy" type feel. So I made Rae. Sadly, I might have made him like strictly Debuff/Buff type of guy but thats not soo bad right?

Role: Tanky Support that excels in keeping adc alive using buffs as opposed to peeling.

Rae is extremely...eccentric and quirky. Full of energy and sort of a nerd.

Lore
Rae had a fondness for technology. He thought that it was fascinating how people could bring something from their imagination into reality. So he dedicated his life to do just that. Inventing bought him joy, fun, and friends. But even more so, it brought him freedom. He felt that not even the rules of reality could stop him from creating machines from his imagination. Soon, Rae was noticed among the Inventing circles and everything had changed. With the fame Rae was constantly observed, and his backers had started demanding specific machines from him. He was a genius and revered as a new face of the future. But Rae knew that it was just a gilded cage.

One morning, he was struck with inspiration. For months he holed himself in his lab refusing contact with the outside. When he emerged he had with him a machine completely of his own design and idea that would rock the foundation of Valoran. It was a device that looked much like a gun, but its function was to transfer injuries from one person to another. Rae believed the creation of such a revolutionary weapon would show his backers and admirers that he worked best when left to his own devices. Sadly, his plan had backfired and soon his cage and become even smaller.

Strung out by the pressure of his fame. Rae had reached the apex of his frustration. He had started to hate his life and had grown to detest inventing as well. Then the attack on Piltover occurred. As everyone scurried from the explosions and collapsing buildings he felt the stares fall off of him. Everyone stopped hovering around him and for once in his life he felt free again. Rae walked amongst the chaos, and he finally saw the angel that brought him this moment of freedom. The blue-haired angel had a smile on her face as she demolished everything she touched. She was truly free, doing whatever she wanted. In the midst of the chaos, Rae slipped away determined to follow his angel. Soon he found himself upon the League of Legends.

Passive -

Pick-Me-Up!: On kill or assist, Rae regens 4% Max Health and Mana over 3 secs. During this time he moves 20% Faster (Stacks 2 times Regen & Movespeed Only).

Assistance Please!: When casting an ability on an enemy, you mark them and they are slowed by 20%/25%/30% for the duration of 3 secs(diminishes over time) Also the slow cannot be applied again for 7 secs after it diminishes.

Q - Mark Em': 15/14/13/13/13 CD
Cost:50/70/90/100/110 mana
Range: Something like Leona E.
Active - Fire a targeting round that reduces enemy Armor and MR by 4%/6%/8%/10%/12% for 6 secs. Does 60/90/130/190/200(.5 Ap Ratio)

W - Gotcha!: 17/16/15/14/13 CD
Throws a grenade a certain distance. Can be triggered to explode early. Enemies caught in explosion are stunned for 1 sec. Reduces the target's AD/AP by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% depending on how many allies are in the immediate area. Debuff lasts 3 secs. Deals 40/80/120/200/220 (.7 Ap Ratio) Explosion leaves a cloud of nano-bytes which stays on the field for 4 secs. Allies that run through get 10% Move speed increase for 2 secs.

E - Caution!: 15/14/13/12/11 CD

Cost: 70/80/100/110/120
-Alerts ally of enemies. Increases speed and Attack Speed by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% (Can be cast on self). Reveals an area slightly smaller than Quinn ability thingie.

R - Together, Forever!: 150/130/125 CD
Uses the experimental prototype weapon "Feels-for-Heals Mk.II" on a target ally. Instantly heals both target and Rae for 10% of Max Health and 20%/30%/35% of all dmg taken by target ally is then transferred to Rae. While 10%/20%/25% of the dmg the target does heals Rae. The weapon forms a link between the two and stays active for 5/7/9 secs. Every Kill the target gets increases the time by 2/3/4 secs assists increase it by half that. While connected the target ally also obtains "Pick-me-up!" on kills or assists but at half effectiveness. The ult can be ended early if the distance between the two targets exceeds a certain amount. If the ult is broken this way the caster may become 1 of 2 moods.

1. Depressed: Sadness grips your heart and you feel less inclined to do anything ( - 3 movespeed)
2. Enraged: HOW DARE THEY RIP YOU APART FROM YOUR LOVED ONE (+3 to movespeed, ad, ap. -3 armor, MR)

Edits:
-Got rid of Spellvamp and Lifesteal on passive. He now only has Regen on kill and assist.
-"On Enemy Cast" of the E ability has been merged with W. It has also been nerfd somewhat as the W also stuns as opposed to knock up.
-CD on "Together, Forever!"increased and Duration decreased.
-E Scales with skill lvl as opposed to surrounding champions.

Moving Quotes
If I find her...when I find her...
Hmm...My mind isn't too strange, is it?
Hahaha...Don't peer to deep into my noggin...You'd be bound to find some pretty odd stuff.
Lets see...oooh that's an interesting idea!
If only I could see her.
Soooo. What are we going to do now?
Boooooooring. Oh! I know lets make waffles!
*Hums Jinx Theme song*

When Using E
Cmon! Shoot Faster!
*Mimics MGS Alert Sound*
Hey buddy! We only wanna talk...

-When Enemy Revealed with skill
Haha! Seems like we're surrounded!
Oooo...This looks bad.
What would Jinx do?
Ambush!
You'ze in da wrong neighborhood.

Attacking
Gottem!
Bang!
*Hums a different part of Jinx Theme*
Always works!
Don't worry! Its just a bullet!
Gotta make more bullets...
Ahhh! Just die!
Hook, line, and Sinker!

Upon Death
Haha...I guess this...is a kind of...freedom
Just...one...more time.

-Killed By Jinx
Not exactly...what I wanted...
Surprise...haha...ugh
My Angel...

Casting W
Here's the windup....
Oopsie Daisy!
Woops!
Off she goes!

Casting R
THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
DAYMAN HAAAAAAAA
WOOOO Im Feelin good today!

-Casting on Jayce-
Broship Lvls OVERFEEL!!
Jayce! Check my new invention!

-Casting On Jinx-
Rampage to your heart's content, Jinx!
All this and more.
THE POWER OF LOVE!!
My Angel of Anarchy!

-Joke-
Here's a good one...What do-Bwa. S-sorry. Wha-BAHAHAHAHAH! Oh man its a killer.
Such a Misfit always ready to brawl...huh? Oh. But its just so catchy.
What do you get when you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? Pumpkin Pi! *Hysterical Laughter*
What kind of music does Amumu listen to? Rap! *Hysterical Laughter*

-Taunt-
Welcome to the Gun show! *Stikes Pose but drops all weapons* Haha but seriously, Im Dangerous.
Lotsa toys. *Stikes Pose but drops all weapons* Lotsa ways to hurt.
*Cheerful* Hello! *Serious, Dramatic* Goodbye!

-Taunting Vi-
*Serious, Dark* Back off, Vi.
*Serious, Dark* You can try and keep me away from her. But you wont succeed.

-Taunting Caitlyn-
To what do I owe this visit from the Sheriff?
You won't catch her. And you won't catch me.

-Taunting Jayce-
Jayce!! Its been awhile!
Jayce, be careful when it comes to Viktor. The man is insane.
Viktor sounds like a scary dude. You obsess over the oddest people.

With a Jinx on your team, Rae gets a buff that buffs all his stats by 1. Its called "Admiration Lvls: Critical Mass."
With a enemy Jinx, Rae gets a debuff that decreases all his stats by 1. Its called "Love is a battlefield."

Jinx would get a status effect on her called:
-Piercing Gaze-: You feel as though a pair of eyes are always on you. Strange, but...its not entirely a bad feeling.

Skin Ideas
Places & Poros (DnD Spoof)
Mafia Rae
"Officer" Rae
Fullmetal Rae

Amanda Please

06-15-2014

bump

Dzanio

06-16-2014

Quote:
Amanda Please:

Role: Tanky Support that excels in keeping adc alive using buffs as opposed to peeling.

So long as you can pull aggro you can peel. It does not require cc abilities.

Quote:

Passive -

Helping Hand!: When casting an ability on an ally you increase their Lifesteal/SpellVamp by 4%/8%/12% for the next 3 Basic Attacks, abilities that apply On-hit effects or just 5 secs. On kill or assist, Rae regens 4% Max Health and Mana over 3 secs. During this time he moves 20% Faster (Stacks 2 times Regen & Movespeed Only).

Assistance Please!: When casting an ability on an enemy, you mark them and they are slowed by 20%/25%/30% for the duration of 3 secs(diminishes over time) Also the slow cannot be applied again for 2 secs after it diminishes.

Hand: Would change that to ability casts so the spell vamp bit is actually relevant. The kill assist bit is a bit overboard.

Please: Need a longer cd on this.

Quote:
Q - Mark Em': 12/11/10/9/8 CD
Passive - Your Basic attacks apply Assistance Please!
Active - Fire a targeting round that reduces enemy Armor and MR by 4%/6%/8%/10%/12% for 6 secs. Does 60/90/130/190/200(.5 Ap Ratio)

Passive is really overpowered. I think the ability works better as a skill shot initiator. Cost/cd/range?

Quote:
W - Gotcha!: 17/16/15/14/13 CD
Throws a grenade a certain distance. Can be triggered to explode early. When it explodes it produces a field that stays on the map for 4 secs. It applies the slow from Assistance Please! and knocks up enemies as soon as its triggered. Also allies that walk through the field get the effects from Helping Hand!

There's a certain disconnect for me between a grenade going off and a knock up ability. I could see stun, blind, silence; I just don't see knock up. Do the mines affect enemies at all?

Quote:
E - Caution!/Advantage!: 15/14/13/12/11 CD

On Ally cast - Alerts ally of enemies. Increases speed and Attack Speed by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% depending on how many enemies are in the immediate area.

On Enemy cast - Reduces the target's AD/AP by 3%/5%/7%/8%/10% depending on how many allies are in the immediate area. Deals 40/80/120/200/220 (.7 Ap Ratio)

Ally - Would probably have this scale with ranks instead of threat level. Should probably also reveal an AoE around the target.

Enemy - Same comment really; how long does the debuff last?

Quote:
R - Together, Forever!: 100/90/80 CD
Uses the experimental prototype weapon "Feels-for-Heals Mk.II" on a target ally. Instantly heals both target and caster for 10% of Max Health and 20%/30%/35% of all dmg taken by target ally is then transferred to the caster. While 10%/20%/25% of the dmg the target does heals the caster. The weapon forms a link between the two and stays active for 8/11/13 secs. Every Kill the target gets increases the time by 2/3/4 secs assists increase it by half that. As long as the ult is active the target benefits from Helping Hand! The ult can be ended early if the distance between the two targets exceeds a certain amount. If the ult is broken this way the caster may become 1 of 2 moods.

Duration is a bit long for having no skill dependency. CD short for the same reasons. This would be good for your adc if you cast it on them, but is largely bad for the rest of the team. Plus you already have a lifestea/spell vamp buff; I don't see why you need 2.