So why do "good" Sivirs always stack team auras?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKLG

01-13-2010

Really the only aura I grab for Sivir is Starks Fervor, which is a great aura for any support character. Because thats really what she is. Sure, you can put out some damage and if you're good with the boomerang grab a few early kills, but by end game you're more useless for your ult. I just buy Starks, some AS items so I can push lanes faster, and something for cooldown/survivability.

WayMaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-13-2010

Well tried out the the suggested build and it did work well. We won all of the team fights. Before I generally got chalice, boots, 2 of the following: starks/malady/last whisper depending who I go against, then went with BF sword --> bloodthirster. I think the aegis my have made a big enough difference though during team battles and its pretty cheap because farming is always easy for sivirs that I will be adding that into my build now. Late game I still had decent dps + damage along with good team buffs. Sivir Ulti, starks, aegis, and rally makes team fights a breeze.

To top it off, I was still able to get some kills and assists along with less deaths then usual because I didn't need to be as aggressive as a team buffer, so oddly enough team auras may be just the right thing to to stop myself from getting killed while still offensively performing alright.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Also Waymaker, I saw you didnt know this, Ricochet is magical damage. It has nothing to do with armor, does not leech, does not crit and does not apply effects.
ricochet is physical damage. it does get affected by armor because ricohet's damage depends on the first hit. if the first hit crits, the ricohet's damage acts as if the first hit was not a crit. it does not leech or crit or proc items as you say.

ricohet used to be magical damage, it is no longer.

Prospero

01-13-2010

I had the same experience shifting to an aura heavy Sivir. It really helps you mentally prioritize your own survival when you know that your team is relying on your auras to keep them going.

Synxxx

01-13-2010

If my team isn't completely terrible, I'll grab an Aegis after Stark's if nobody else has one. As was said earlier, Sivir usually has ridiculous income; and this enhances your pushing power (along with your team) so why not?

Rainjuice

01-13-2010

Another reason you build support on Sivir instead of DPS is she has no true steroid skill (for example like Tristana's Q attack speed boost).

She has her ult which increases her attack speed, but also that of allies (and a carry will benefit more from that attack speed than Sivir will).

Take Master Yi on the other hand, who has Wuju Style (+70 dmg), Highlander (+80% attack speed), and Double Strike (10% average increase to total DPS - very good passive actually). Yi simply benefits more from the items he buys because of all his auto attack boosts. Sivir doesn't enjoy any of these benefits really, so she's best buying other items.

And as others point out, she can push like nobody else. The aura items work very well for this also, so it synergizes with her.

If you're the only physical DPS on your team, you should build her as a carry. No question. But your team should for sure adjust to include a carry - Sivir is best when supporting a true carry, and if you play with a premade there's no excuse for your team not to change - you could have a much more powerful team if you were supporting a carry instead of carrying yourself.

And to correct someone who posted earlier in the thread - Ricochet does actually deal physical damage on the extra bounces. It just doesn't proc hit effects.

DonkeyBalls

01-13-2010

noob Q. why does riot keyword sivir as a carry when she is obviously a support? its kinda frustrating and confusing. also, she has a tip on her profile to use frozen mallet but it isnt a recommended item. why? i notice no one mentioned it in their build here.

lemel

01-14-2010

Well i play Siv by going Chalice, Boots, Starks, frozen mallet then last 2 slots for whatever is needed, so i prob can put in an aegeis in which would work well. But i say we should always get frozen since it gives quite a bit of hp and slows which works much better then trin and we can always keep it on a hero.

Slide

01-14-2010

Hey guys, couldnt get back to thread yesterday, but im back now.

Im glad you guys tried out aura stacking and saw its awesomeness. It really is the best way to play Sivir.

Even if you only have one other DPS'er on your team its still worth it. Hell, even if your team is all casters, it STILL helps. Casters still auto attack and this will give them more DPS (attack speed) and great healing (life steal + 30hp/5).

I think everyones questiosn was addressed except for 2:

@Donkeyballs: She is listed as a carry because she is one. Shes just not a PURE carry. Shes a support carry. It plays a little different but its basically saying if you build her as a carry to support other carries (basically by going with auras and your ult) she will perform incredibly, and its true.

@Lemel: Frozen Mallet is rarely a bad item on anyone. The key thing to remember is, Sivir is NOT a champion killer. Sivir is a pusher, she carries through her incredible potential to whipe creep waves. To be perfectly honest, the game should be over BEFORE you ever build a frozen mallet and if you do have the time and the money, a bloodthirster will do more for you. It gives more damage (and you power it up in a matter of moments with your creep killing abilities) and will keep you allive when you get focused due to your incredible amount of lifesteal, damage and attack speed (starks + thirster + ult + rally).

It basically comes down to what Sivirs role is. Frozen Mallet isnt bad, but other things are SO much better. Sivirs job is to push. Pushing wins games.

@whoemever mentioned Trinity force: My issue with trinity force is you dont have spamable enough abilities to really make it work. Yes the slow is nice, but a frozen mallet would be better. Movespeed is always good but again, you shouldnt really need that small amount given by trinity force. The rest of the bonuses that trinity gives you could be gotten elsewhere for cheaper. Its not a bad item, its just that for that kind of money you could get FAR more effective items on Sivir.

@Bait: You sure about that? I know it used to 100% be magical. If you say its physical now Id like to believe you as you generally know what your talking about. when was this changed? I didnt see it in any patch notes.

DonkeyBalls

01-15-2010

After testing out the builds practical application in solo normal games, I've found it to be a bit frustrating. I think this build is "teh uber" for premades and wish I played with people who understood how to make use of teaming with a Sivir.