Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Fix] Huge FPS drops

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BruiseLeet

01-19-2011

So after a long and dreadful era of dealing with huge FPS drops in LoL, I finally figured out what the cause could be for some people.

If you listen to music while playing games, during the change of a song you may lose a huge amount of FPS. If you use Winamp, go to the plug-ins section under preferences and uninstall gen_ml.dll (which is the media library plug-in).

It has been reported to fix a lot of lag when you change songs or start up Winamp.

Update: If this doesn't work try using VLC player to listen to mp3s instead of Winamp.

ZarthMaster

01-19-2011

I find the FPS has to do with a memory leak. Everytime my fps drops below 10 (yes I'm playing this game on my ****ty intel integrated graphics card labtop while at school), it's because the CPU usage went from 40-50% to 100%.

Closing other problems/music helps, but it has more to do with the LoL client :/. So restarting it every couple of games will fix. That and not letting the computer overheat too much.

I never had the problem on my custom made desktop at home.

Xailion

Recruiter

01-19-2011

Skype rapes my client.

BruiseLeet

01-19-2011

Quote:
xailion:
Skype rapes my client.

Try Mumble instead of Skype

BruiseLeet

01-19-2011

Quote:
ZarthMaster:
I find the FPS has to do with a memory leak. Everytime my fps drops below 10 (yes I'm playing this game on my ****ty intel integrated graphics card labtop while at school), it's because the CPU usage went from 40-50% to 100%.

Closing other problems/music helps, but it has more to do with the LoL client :/. So restarting it every couple of games will fix. That and not letting the computer overheat too much.

I never had the problem on my custom made desktop at home.

Try downloading this free program called Prio which lets you set the priority of the LoLClient to low and save it so you don't have to set it every time.

ZarthMaster

01-19-2011

Thanks. When I saw prnwatch as the URL, I was so excited. Then I learned it was print watch ;(.

BruiseLeet

01-21-2011

updated