@ RIOT QA / Veigar - Death Lotus

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ksux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

As Furor has noted, Death Lotus is a little sparse on documentation.

How many ticks per second?
How many total ticks?
How are targets selected?
Is there anything tricksy we should know about?

Actually... I have another question about Ricochet. I know Death Lotus double dips on Imp. Rally by using rally boosted attack damage before boosting the magic damage; does Ricochet do the same?

Thanks!

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksux View Post
Actually... I have another question about Ricochet. I know Death Lotus double dips on Imp. Rally by using rally boosted attack damage before boosting the magic damage; does Ricochet do the same?
It should...

Your physical damage is increased, then you attack, then the magical damage on Sivir's bounces is based off her attack damage, then her magical damage is increased. Don't think it'd make a huge difference in her dmg, fwiw.

Meta

01-13-2010

As long as we're asking questions, here's some completely unrelated to death lotus:

Do Teemo's mushrooms level retroactively? (ie: If I place a bunch of Rank 1 mushrooms, then get Rank 2, do all of my existing mushrooms level up?)

Is there any rationale to "bouncing" abilities in the game? (ie: Fiddle Dark Wind / Ryze Spell Flux) Is there a way to know where the projectile is going next, or is it random?

Furor

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
As long as we're asking questions, here's some completely unrelated to death lotus:

Do Teemo's mushrooms level retroactively? (ie: If I place a bunch of Rank 1 mushrooms, then get Rank 2, do all of my existing mushrooms level up?)
I can answer this one. No.

If you place a Level 1 Mushroom at 10 minutes in the game, and then 10 minutes later place a Level 2 Mushroom, provided that original mushroom is still up - it's still a level 1 and does level 1 damage.

Veigar

Producer

01-13-2010
1 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksux View Post
As Furor has noted, Death Lotus is a little sparse on documentation.

How many ticks per second?
How many total ticks?
How are targets selected?
Is there anything tricksy we should know about?

Thanks!
1 & 2: Death lotus channels for 3 seconds to throw out 9 "sets" of daggers (so 3-9 per second depending on your rank of death lotus).

3: Targets are chosen at random

4: There are a few subtle nuances to the spell that players pick up as they play, but nothing super tricky
Some interesting factoids:
-Each dagger procs Rylai's Scepter slow.
-The daggers deal magic damage, not physical (so bring your magic penetration)
-Death Lotus scales best with physical damage items (and to get the most bang for your buck, stacking BF swords isn't half bad).
-Sometimes it may be a better decision to cancel your Death Lotus prematurely and Shunpo after a target as it runs to keep up with it instead of trying to squeeze out every last drop of damage from the ult.

5: Ricochet does do the same

Sedon

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeigarTheHorrible View Post
-Death Lotus scales best with physical damage items (and to get the most bang for your buck, stacking BF swords isn't half bad).
Is this part true even after the nerf in the current patch?

Fallen 62

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furor View Post
I can answer this one. No.

If you place a Level 1 Mushroom at 10 minutes in the game, and then 10 minutes later place a Level 2 Mushroom, provided that original mushroom is still up - it's still a level 1 and does level 1 damage.
I can vouch that (as if it needed one )

Thanks for the info Veigar!

Veigar

Producer

01-13-2010
2 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:

No, they don't level retroactively, but they do take your current ability power into account when they blow up.

Quote:
Is there any rationale to "bouncing" abilities in the game? (ie: Fiddle Dark Wind / Ryze Spell Flux) Is there a way to know where the projectile is going next, or is it random?
It's completely random

Veigar

Producer

01-13-2010
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedon View Post
Is this part true even after the nerf in the current patch?
I personally think so, although it is more debatable now. The scaling for physical damage went from 65% to 55% while the AP scaling stayed at 40%.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeigarTheHorrible View Post
1 & 2: Death lotus channels for 3 seconds to throw out 9 "sets" of daggers (so 3-9 per second depending on your rank of death lotus).
To all the people that told me it was 5 second channel.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That includes you Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuror.

EDIT: Does that mean that a Kat with 200 attack damage is getting a bonus 3k damage over 3 secs?

Is this times 3 for 3 targets? For a total of 9k damage over 3 secs?

What about the 60(?) base damage, is that also times 27?

If the Kat has 400 damage (high end, but not inconceivable) is that 18k damage over 3 secs? Is that REALLY 6k DPS... is that something you see as balanced?