Anivia vs. Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bologna Donger

01-20-2011

i've mained both since the arrival of swain, and in my opinion, i believe swain has the early game advantage because of one fact, cooldowns. swain's E and Q are on a much shorter cooldown than anivia's Q.

harassment with swain would be key though. Phreak suggested a Q-E-W order, but that's only if you're opponent will run. E is THE MOST IMPORTANT spell with swain. it nearly doubles damage dealt, and with ignite, swain drops every champ for 3/4 of their hp at level 2 with E Q.

Swain, I believe would win in a lane with anivia also because of his passive, yay mana regain. anivia is extremely mana dependant and has no real means of regaining this. Clarity offers little to help because starting at level 6, it basically gives you less than half your mana back.

Swain would outlast anivia if he was smart with his ulti

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkives View Post
This is not a QQ post or anything. I just need to know how not to get owned by Anivia as Swain. I suppose I have to make my movements as erratic as possible, but good ones seem to hit me with it half the time anyway. I guess I'm just bad at juking it since I can only use my spell combo if I make her waste it.
You clearly don't know the meaning of juking. Juking is about losing people when fleeing, using mostly brush and some utility spells. What you wanted to say was avoid.

Oh and, swain can easily dodge anivia's q, meaning her e won't be scary at all. When she gets lvl 6 she'll be more dangerous, but you'll have your heal so it's fine for you.

Hannor

01-20-2011

Play carefully. Taking boots one at spawn is not a terrible idea. Dodging the stun is far more optimal than having a Doran's ring or spell book and getting hit by even one stun.

once you dodge a stun, punish her. If you can get her egg on cooldown, she will die pretty easy.

Aois

01-20-2011

For champ that can self heal but lack escape mechanism like Swain I usually don't lob long range Q and hope that the enemy "might" walk into it. After lv 6, flash in, E first, while projectile is flying R, then W right behind enemy, then close range Q. Unless you have flash to get out somewhere along the combo, a follow up E will seal the deal.

Smellis

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
This discussion is clearly made of fail.

If the swain player is as good as the anivia player, the anivia player is not going to be able to survive against him.

Their damage output is almost identical, and swain has a lot more lasting power.
Im not sure why this is being downvoted. He is ALMOST right in the swain can get E + Q on anivia and put out nearly as much damage as her R + E combo, the big difference being swain has a VERY good method of staying power.

General swain tips:

-Don't get mana regen, you dont need it and its an almost wasted stat. The ONLY mana regen you should consider buying is fiendish codex for your deathfire's grasp which is an amazing item that synergizes well with his skill set. The better you are at last hitting the easier your mana will be.

- You can get away with building his recommended items until you get the feel for swain and start adding your own preferences to him. Rylai's/RoA are 2 great items on him that make him VERY hard to kill and give him plenty of damage throughout most of the game.

-Play passive until you get lvl 6, especially against anivia. MOST anivias will also be playing passive because in equal skill lanes she wont land her Q unless you're right in her face and can't react. At lvl 6 you become VERY hard to push out of a lane. When you use your ult, let 2-3 bird waves come out at most to keep your hp lvls high. This helps conserve mana and keep you in the lane, you should only leave it on for any extended time for when you are going for a kill.

-Always get deathfire's and ignite. Both get the damage boost from your E skill and its too much free damage to pass up for swain.

-Max E out first, it is the large source of your sure fire damage and excellent for the harassment power you need in the laning phase.

Thats all I got for now, anivia should have a very hard time scoring a kill on you if you are playing swain right and using your skills to your advantage.