Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anivia vs. Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkives

01-19-2011

This is not a QQ post or anything. I just need to know how not to get owned by Anivia as Swain. I suppose I have to make my movements as erratic as possible, but good ones seem to hit me with it half the time anyway. I guess I'm just bad at juking it since I can only use my spell combo if I make her waste it.

Aois

01-19-2011

I main Anivia and most of the time a match up against Swain at mid it is easy free kill. The only thing you can do is to harass with your dots. Don't even try to land Nevermove on the bird, use it to score last hit on creep or something. Swain simply do not have enough dps to kill Anivia with egg by himself during laning phase. Play defensively and ask for gank.

xahhfink6

01-19-2011

This discussion is clearly made of fail.

If the swain player is as good as the anivia player, the anivia player is not going to be able to survive against him.

Their damage output is almost identical, and swain has a lot more lasting power.

Tyroie

01-20-2011

If you have your ultimate ready, be sure to use it to recover your health - sometimes that means going into the jungle. That can give you a big upper hand. Any magic resist you can buy will help a lot, too.

Before Anivia has her ultimate, try to make her waste her blue stun ball thing, whatever it's called. Once she misses, just completely charge her with everything. After she has her ultimate, a good anivia is very tough to get close to safely, this is when magic resist helps.

xahhfink6

01-20-2011

Quote:
Tyroie:
If you have your ultimate ready, be sure to use it to recover your health - sometimes that means going into the jungle. That can give you a big upper hand. Any magic resist you can buy will help a lot, too.

Before Anivia has her ultimate, try to make her waste her blue stun ball thing, whatever it's called. Once she misses, just completely charge her with everything. After she has her ultimate, a good anivia is very tough to get close to safely, this is when magic resist helps.

Ok... why in the hell would you try and get close to her?

Your snare outranges her stun, and your Q+E will outrange her W

Gunflame

01-20-2011

A smart swain does fairly well vs an anivia since anivia is extremely low moving. Just max Nevermore and Torment and be smart.

It is an even fight if you ask me. (I play both Swain and Anivia)

Saishy

01-20-2011

Don't try to snare her, only level up the DoT and the crow.
Harass her with the DoT (huge range and damage) and if she wastes her stun just go for the kill. (You need one level at the snare)

A good Anivia will always save her stun for when you snare her and needs to go towards her to cast. If you try to dodge the ball you will lose time and she will be free from the snare, if you take the stun you lost the game.

So it's kinda useless to snare her if she have the stun.

Guerrilla333

01-20-2011

Anivia will win because unlike swain she doesnt need to get close to damage the other person. That is what will lead her to a win. Sure, you guys will say swain can regen HP but once u get him about 70% hp, everytime he comes in to regen HP all anivia has to do is use her combo on him and he will not be able to regen much.

just my opinion

Stacey Shin

01-20-2011

Hourglass+Rylais+Ult= GG

(pop hourglass as soon as you see her glacial storm go off)

ElderCheese

01-20-2011

Fighting a good swaine is annoying as hell he can do a surprising amount of damage very quickly. And his ult is his "does not die" button my luck has lead me to only fight really good Swaines mid I dread facing him honestly. (Again this might just be in my head now) however I have never faced a good Swaine in the side lanes... that's kinda weird.

it seems a lot of people underestimate Swaine for some reason but I find him to be very powerful. Against a Swaine of equal skill as an Anivia it should be a tight battle.