@WizardCrab

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquishyTentacles

07-27-2014

WizarsCrab please I'm dying to know this. It's been haunting me. Is Steve Feak nice in person?

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

07-27-2014
180 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Wait, so are you the one responsible for the way Traditional skins are released?

I hate to be someone who plugs his own thread into another's thread, but...can you please explain why Traditional skins are handled the way they are?

This especially burns for Sejuani.
I appreciate your passion here. I can't imagine we'd ever have them for free but maybe it's possible they'll hit the store at some point? I honestly haven't put a ton of thought into it because I haven't heard a lot of player demand for them. If it ever becomes a big issue we're always willing to reevaluate, but I don't expect the strategy to change anytime soon. My understanding is that these skins were made to be given to people who felt that a champion they loved was being dramatically changed so they could continue to connect with the old version.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

07-27-2014
181 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamon Ganja View Post
Hi WizardCrab! I know this might be out of you expertise but is there a planned UI update that will go along with the SR update?
You mean the game UI? I don't think so...

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

07-27-2014
182 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Syndra, Diana, or any mid laner that has squat for skins or completed skins. That or an ADC, just not Lucian, it's bad enough that he's in every game. Every other role has been covered. Riot will have a Riot on their hands if it's something trolly like Victorious Tryndamere which 99% of us hate and he already has 472 skins (who the hell buys Trynd skins?) meanwhile some others don't have a single completed one.

I just hope this year it's better quality than last year's Elise was. It looks like plastic rather than metalic and everything about it looks rushed and poorly done... not to mention the textures look ultra low res. I know it was "free", but Jesus Christ, there was less effort in that than a recolour.
I'd argue against you on the Victorious Elise skin as I quite like it, but that's not really worth it here.

I will say I will fight my hardest to make sure that the Victorious skin isn't for a champion that only has 1 other skin (release skin). Will I win that fight? I dunno. But I didn't like that Elise got the last one with only one other skin, leaving players that love Elise but didn't make gold high and dry when it comes to further customization options. We'll see what happens though.

Anyone else have thoughts on that last point?

Noxe Out

Recruiter

07-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
I'd argue against you on the Victorious Elise skin as I quite like it, but that's not really worth it here.

I will say I will fight my hardest to make sure that the Victorious skin isn't for a champion that only has 1 other skin (release skin). Will I win that fight? I dunno. But I didn't like that Elise got the last one with only one other skin, leaving players that love Elise but didn't make gold high and dry when it comes to further customization options. We'll see what happens though.

Just good planning in general, because Elise got the vict skin there probably won't be another for quite a while so your idea is what I'd go with as well.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

07-27-2014
183 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeboat View Post
regarding the rewards for lifetime purchases...

you said you can't reveal details on the current state of what's planned. can you reveal what was previously planned and why it was ditched?
There were a lot of versions, but until we have a finalized, released version I think it would be unwise to talk about the details. It's really about making sure we're rewarding the right people for the right reasons with compelling rewards, which is actually more difficult than it sounds.

DarkflameShyvana

07-27-2014

Quote:

Personally, I'm not a fan of Victorious Elise, I think it looks tacky, that just my opinion though, and the recall animation is pretty sweet.

I will however say, I really do not want it to be on a champion with only a single currently buyable skin (coughkhazixcough), I don't know if I'll hit gold on my main account, but I like seeing there being more than one available additional skin for every champion since it actually allows for atleast some individuality between different players of the same champion.

Also, KZ and Skarner are both my favourite bugs in the world, it would be awesome if you could, y'know, get something out for them in the next couple of PBE cycles? hinthintwinkwink

I hope you'll read this post ^

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

07-27-2014
184 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Is there at least a guarantee that this year the Victorious skin is going to be a mid or ADC?
No guarantees

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

07-27-2014
185 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarlorr View Post
Who wouldn't suggest Urgot?
Good point. Maybe we'll just do Victorious Urgot then.

Megarolf

07-27-2014

Quote:
Good point. Maybe we'll just do Victorious Urgot then.
Pls,if you do that would glorious.(Or one would say victorious)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944