@WizardCrab

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robotic Dolphin

07-08-2014

Opinion on the concept and story of Borris? (Don't move this to another topic as it specifically has to do with gd)
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4669204

peeboat

07-08-2014

regarding the rewards for lifetime purchases...

you said you can't reveal details on the current state of what's planned. can you reveal what was previously planned and why it was ditched?

Mansana

07-08-2014

It's been almost a year since some skins were retired to legacy (last year it was Hextech Galio, Sailor Gangplank, Caterpillar Kog'Maw, Molten Rammus, and Muse Sona). Any chances that we'll see something similar this year with a sale? Also, what factors make you decide what skins get retired?

Edit:

Quote:
"I can't commit to a cadence on Double IP weekends, but we definitely plan on doing more of them in the future.
For example, we are tentatively planning another Double IP weekend towards the end of June or early July (subject to change based on a bunch of different factors including server stability, events, etc).
There are a lot of factors to running these, and as long as we don't see negative effects starting to creep in, I'd like to increase the cadence as much as possible.
I know this comes across as a "maybe, probably, hopefully" type of post but I dont want to get people's hopes up on a specific number of these weekends per year." - Udyr
Any announcements for Double IP weekends or has this been secretly put away by your magical powers?

Buzzie

07-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
We definitely haven't forgotten about you.

What recommendations do you have that we could provide as an outlet for your IP?
I've talked quite a bit with my friends about items that could possibly be implemented to purchase with IP so I thought I'd post them here where they will be more likely to make an impact in the game.

Ip Exclusive summoner icons
Profile Banners
Client skins
In-game Announcer packs
Ip Exclusive Ward skins

I feel like having exclusive summoner icons and/or ward skins only available to purchase for IP would be amazing. It would reward players for long time play which would be available to every player provided they gained enough IP. I'm sure there are more ideas Riot has looked into but these are a few things I'd like to see personally even if some are available for RP.

Just wanted to add a side note, if possible adding an achievement system of some kind for every summoner would be an awesome addition as well. I enjoy seeing my personal stats like normal wins, minion/monster kills, takedowns etc but adding more content would be awesome even if it wasn't available to everyone to see. Personally I would like to see stats on how much you've played certain champions or what items I buy the most.

DawnPaladin

07-08-2014

One feature Team Fortress 2 has that I wish League would steal is the ability to borrow one item from the store. Champions in particular would benefit from this feature; saving up 6800 IP for a champion, making the purchase, and then finding that you don't enjoy him as much as you thought you would is disappointing. Letting us try before we buy would eliminate risk and potentially spur more puchases!

lightdragoon88

07-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnPaladin View Post
One feature Team Fortress 2 has that I wish League would steal is the ability to borrow one item from the store. Champions in particular would benefit from this feature; saving up 6800 IP for a champion, making the purchase, and then finding that you don't enjoy him as much as you thought you would is disappointing. Letting us try before we buy would eliminate risk and potentially spur more puchases!

What do you think FREE WEEK ROTATION is for?

Arctic Wolf

07-08-2014

Hi WizardCrab! I don't know if this is your area of expertise, however I'm currently concerned about what I feel to be Riot's discrimination against evil yordles. Veigar could really use some loving that a lot of other champions get, yet it seems he is constantly overlooked due to his tiny stature or his tendency to want to go off on a maniacal rampage in attempt to destroy the world.

Specifically, I was just wondering if Veigar's ult would see any future love, what with Maokai now also being set to the standard 100 Mana for his ultimate. Currently Veigar's mana cost is at 125/175/225; Viktor was changed from this a while ago to be at 100 at all ranks (during patch 3.13 with the Sivir update). With more and more champions being standardized to this form, I'm hoping Veigar isn't being discriminated against because he's an evil yordle. Even Evil yordles need some lovin!

Now, I know a lot of players who read this may be saying something along the lines of "WTF? Veigar doesn't need a buff, he can delete mages from the map and melt faces". And while this is true, I feel it important to point out that another champion which can do this equally as well, if not better (depending on the skill of the summoner) has the standard '100 mana at all ranks' ult cost. Specifically, this champ is Syndra.

Just going off of rough calculations, a skilled Syndra player (someone who can manage to consistently ult with 5-7 Dark Spheres) will have a at least an equal, if not higher single target burst than Veigar on the ult alone, given the insane base damage and the 100%/120%/140% AP scaling depending on 5/6/7 spheres. (the damage will be higher if Veigar doesn't get to utilize the 80% enemy AP scaling, it will roughly equivalent if he does get this benefit) Syndra's ult is also a targeted ability like Veigar's, and the mana cost is 100 at all ranks. Assuming the same core items and that each Syndra and Veigar make use of DFG, land their stun and get off a successful full combo, Syndra's single target burst damage is much higher than Veigar's, and it doesn't dip down when used against non-mages. It is because of this that I believe Riot is unintentionally discriminating against Veigar, and that he should have his ult retuned to be 100 at all ranks like most mages.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for taking the time to read it!

Necroside

07-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Leopard View Post
Hi WizardCrab! I don't know if this is your area of expertise, however I'm currently concerned about what I feel to be Riot's discrimination against evil yordles. Veigar could really use some loving that a lot of other champions get, yet it seems he is constantly overlooked due to his tiny stature or his tendency to want to go off on a maniacal rampage in attempt to destroy the world.

Specifically, I was just wondering if Veigar's ult would see any future love, what with Maokai now also being set to the standard 100 Mana for his ultimate. Currently Veigar's mana cost is at 125/175/225; Viktor was changed from this a while ago to be at 100 at all ranks (during patch 3.13 with the Sivir update). With more and more champions being standardized to this form, I'm hoping Veigar isn't being discriminated against because he's an evil yordle. Even Evil yordles need some lovin!

Now, I know a lot of players who read this may be saying something along the lines of "WTF? Veigar doesn't need a buff, he can delete mages from the map and melt faces". And while this is true, I feel it important to point out that another champion which can do this equally as well, if not better (depending on the skill of the summoner) has the standard '100 mana at all ranks' ult cost. Specifically, this champ is Syndra.

Just going off of rough calculations, a skilled Syndra player (someone who can manage to consistently ult with 5-7 Dark Spheres) will have a at least an equal, if not higher single target burst than Veigar on the ult alone, given the insane base damage and the 100%/120%/140% AP scaling depending on 5/6/7 spheres. (the damage will be higher if Veigar doesn't get to utilize the 80% enemy AP scaling, it will roughly equivalent if he does get this benefit) Syndra's ult is also a targeted ability like Veigar's, and the mana cost is 100 at all ranks. Assuming the same core items and that each Syndra and Veigar make use of DFG, land their stun and get off a successful full combo, Syndra's single target burst damage is much higher than Veigar's, and it doesn't dip down when used against non-mages. It is because of this that I believe Riot is unintentionally discriminating against Veigar, and that he should have his ult retuned to be 100 at all ranks like most mages.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for taking the time to read it!
If ever the time to buff Veigar, it is now because his mana costs are too high compared to other mids, specially his ultimate that is a Hit or Miss... Meaning it can kill someone and it can not at times, and what happens if you dont kill said person? you have used up a lot of your mana and punished too heavily while the enemy mids have little to no worry of mana costs lol.

Robotic Dolphin

07-10-2014

Does Ironstylus style his hair with a iron?

Blade of Justic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-10-2014

@WizardCrab The only thing I really want to know, since I've been "Jonesin'" for it, is if there's gonna be a Zilean skin release in the near future.

He's pretty much the only champion I enjoy supporting with and would like to show off some time manipulation in style.