Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Riot give players queue "dodges"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaltyJedi

06-22-2014

bump

cjtoupy

06-25-2014

Get this to happen.

SaltyJedi

07-28-2014

Bumping as I still believe this needs to be implemented.

Shadowteen20

07-29-2014

Smart idea, but take into context the time you have to wait for a game. Now try to play a different person in a different lane(dodge) new queue. Try it again (dodge). You are adding what could be about another 5-10 minutes per queue if people could dodge. Ranked or not.
Shadow

Flight101

08-29-2014

bump coz why not?

Illecebra

Recruiter

08-30-2014

I am completely behind this. I can't tell you how many times I have played a game doomed from the start just because of the off-chance the other team was in worse shape than ours and we could eke out a win. Because the alternative is to sit at my PC doing nothing and taking the LP loss anyway. At least it was in S3 iirc. Got placed directly into Gold this season so no need to do it yet.

The game has it's jackasses and it always will, but I don't think it is right to punish all honest players with a system intended to punish the few ******bags.

Quote:
Shadowteen20:
Smart idea, but take into context the time you have to wait for a game. Now try to play a different person in a different lane(dodge) new queue. Try it again (dodge). You are adding what could be about another 5-10 minutes per queue if people could dodge. Ranked or not.
Shadow

The number of people queueing for ranked in any given division at any given time SHOULD prevent this from happening. There is the possibility of getting that ONE guy that totally broken the team comp, but it's pretty damned small.

Homosexual Star

08-30-2014

This sounds perfect and I have no idea why they have not already implemented this.

Stunalicious

08-31-2014

Dodges were being abused, which is why they were removed in the first place. The penalty was put in place to stop abuse.

If I recall at one point "someone" would dodge any game he didn't get someone who would feed him or a friend on the other team who would lose the game.

The Great Bogart

09-02-2014

I just dodged a game because I only have time for TWO games this morning (Banned for 5 minutes and typing this as we wait, me and my buddy)..

Now, here's the problem.
We started a Blind Pick game (Getting sick of blind pick, by the way. Use team builder, morons... Sick of it dying at certain times of the night / morning because of lack of players..)
Anyways!

I went ADC. Someone went Mid. Someone went Jungle, then someone said "Top with (insert friend name here).

So, I'm supposed to solo ADC all game until team fighting? I'm going to be overleveled (hopefully, thanks to tower) - but they can still ADC + SUPP + JUNG and towerdive my ass and take my turret for free. There is NO WAY ... ANY character is gonna 2v1 me and a support with my jungler coming to help a free lane. Why would I want to be in the 1 position in a 2v1 / 3v1? Yes, I dodge. Again, I have TWO games I can play, if we hurry up, before I go to work. I am NOT wasting my time and frustration on a ****ty game that is "doomed to fail before we begin"..

So, can we get that ARAM-esque "Reroll," but a "Dodge" instead? Because it's bull**** that I want to play a REAL game, which I should be allowed to do, without having to deal with some newbs who should be playing duo top BOT MATCHES in my game...

BloodFart49

09-30-2014

Great Suggestion. This could address any number of things including trolls, technical difficulties with your client, failure to make bans, etc. It would have to be capped pretty low because if one of 10 people each game dodges this could greatly increase waiting times to get in a game.