Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Riot give players queue "dodges"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaltyJedi

06-11-2014

First of all, I'm not exactly sure I'm posting this in the right section of the forums, so please excuse my mistake if I am.

On to the topic at hand

Should Riot give us a certain amount of safe "dodges" per day?
I don't see the harm in giving players one maybe two queue dodges per day. I'll give you an example for why we as players would need a safe queue dodge that doesn't cost us 5 minutes.
I'm in champ select when a player insta-locks for a top role that he didn't call first. The person that did call first also refuses to go any role other than top. With about 30 seconds left we have (2) top laners, a jungler, a mid, and a support (myself). I ask the top who has not instalocked to be my ADC but no response. 15 seconds left I ask jungler to be my ADC bot lane if we're going to have two stubborn top laners. Within the last 3 seconds we ended up with 1 top laner, 2 ADC, a mid, and myself as support. I had to dodge to insure that we didn't play a match that was doomed from the start.

Ok sorry for that lengthy example.

If players were to have limited safe queue dodges (safe meaning no time penalty for dodging) that was built in as a button, kind of like the ARAM roll button feature, it might do more good than bad.
What do you think?

The Lexer

06-12-2014

I can see it working EXACTLY like the reroll feature.

You get X number of points per game without leaving
At X points, you get a free dodge.

Also want to point out, the other day I dodged twice in the morning ~6:00, giving me a 15 min ban

About 14-15 hours later, I got a 30 min ban, which I think is stupid because I probably played 6-8 games in a row without dodging

EDIT: OK here is a great example on why we need these. I'm second pick. First pick takes Kass for me. We try to negotiate a trade, but I have no good champs and run out of time. Now I have to wait 6 minutes for another match

SaltyJedi

06-12-2014

Quote:
The Lexer:
I can see it working EXACTLY like the reroll feature.

You get X number of points per game without leaving
At X points, you get a free dodge.

That's pretty much how I think it should function, glad that you agree! Thanks for the reply.

Liquid Clockwork

06-13-2014

I support this whole-heartedly.

The Lexer

06-15-2014

bump

Marxman

06-15-2014

I think this is a great idea

CoffeePower

06-15-2014

This needs to happen.

SaltyJedi

06-15-2014

Thanks for the replies and support!

Flexplosion

06-16-2014

BUMP - getting out of elo hell is hard enough, don't force us to play games that are doomed from the start.

SaltyJedi

06-17-2014

Bump - thanks for the reply Flex