Anivia discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ackmey

01-19-2011

Hey guys, just here wondering how you guys play Anivia.

I've got got something like 400 games played with her... generally my build order goes:

Saph+pot -> Catalyst -> Sorc shoes -> Blasting wand -> RoA -> TotG -> Blasting wand -> AA -> Zhonya's.

Since the Zhonya's split I've been generally getting the hat, though on a few occasions where I need survivability, I've gotten the hourglass.

For summoner spells, flash and clarity.

For skills, Q at level one while maxing E first. Wall at 4 or 7, circumstantially.

I realize most people tend to keep their TotG for longer in order to meet Aniv's mana needs, often going TotG -> RoA -> AA... anyone have personal opinion on this?

Generally, I'm only out of mana if our jungler hoards blue buff late into the game... ideally, I get it as soon as I hit 6, realistically, jungler will cede control of it around 8-9, at which point I'm set for the game.

Anyway, anyone have deviating builds that work well? Thoughts in general on this one? Alternate summoner spells?

I tend to run flash+clarity because of the versatility of each:

while ignite may allow me to get that kill I otherwise would have missed, flash can do the same thing, while doubling as an escape tool. Same principles for clarity - offensive ability to finish someone off while oom, defensive ability to get that saving stun or wall off while oom and escaping.

Some people also advocate teleport but I've never liked it - if you're in a position where you wouldn't live through your egg anyway, you'll often die before teleport completes... it just seems to me to be a hit and miss thing I don't like relying on.

So, any suggestions for me?

ImIndustructible

01-19-2011

That's very similar to what my build is except that I finish my Deathcap b4 AAS because your sole reason for finishing AAS is for the AP part, which is inferior to what the Deathcap does.

P.S.: I don't like the TP egg trick too. It is because that you are stilling being taken out of the fight and not helpful to your teammates (so you have offered to your team is... err... tanking 3K damage with no AR and MR?)

TehKaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Well, now, the Teleport-egg is no longer abusable, so no worries there.

Personally, I get Sapphire first, and IF and only IF I'm on a killing spree before, say, a 7 minute mark, I go back and rush right into Mejai's, because the way I build Anivia, I don't get AP till much later in the game, which a lot of people I play criticize me for, but it works for me.

I go (generally, given that I'm doing well) Sapphire -> Mejai's -> Sorc Boots -> Catalyst -> Tear -> RoA/Banshee's (depends on opponents) -> Deathcap -> AAS/Abyssal -> AAS/Abyssal (whichever you didn't get before).

If I am not doing well, I go support, getting Hourglass, Banshee's, RoA, Abyssal, Frozen Heart, etc, to up your survivability by a lot, while also aiding your team with your AoE slow/stun, and good wall placement.

Everything about Anivia is situational. I absolutely loathe people who say "Go Sorc Boots, Deathcap, then 4 AAS"
HATE, HATE, HATE it.

/endrant
Just my two cents.
Discussions? I'm always game for improvement, seeing as how she is my main.

Ackmey

01-19-2011

I feel RoA is a must, the health it gives is invaluable, and that catalyst is extremely useful in the laning phase.

I really haven't ever bothered with Majai's; it seems like I don't trust myself with it... however, I think that I should - the thing is, I've mastered Anivia to the extent where I'm generally better than the people I'm playing with if I use her. The flipside of this is that if I don't play Anivia, I'm generally screwed - no champion diversity ftl. Anyway, all that to say that I get a consistently good k/d/a count as Anivia, and that in most games I would benefit from Mejai's.

I like the idea of finishing Deathcap before AAS, but is it possible that you then run the risk of having wasted on gold on an item that won't reach it's max mana stacks before the game ends, or is the tradeoff worth it?

DoransTroll

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackmey View Post
I feel RoA is a must, the health it gives is invaluable, and that catalyst is extremely useful in the laning phase.

I really haven't ever bothered with Majai's; it seems like I don't trust myself with it... however, I think that I should - the thing is, I've mastered Anivia to the extent where I'm generally better than the people I'm playing with if I use her. The flipside of this is that if I don't play Anivia, I'm generally screwed - no champion diversity ftl. Anyway, all that to say that I get a consistently good k/d/a count as Anivia, and that in most games I would benefit from Mejai's.

I like the idea of finishing Deathcap before AAS, but is it possible that you then run the risk of having wasted on gold on an item that won't reach it's max mana stacks before the game ends, or is the tradeoff worth it?
If you have enough mana, then you have enough mana. You don't need full stack unless the enemies are still wobbling around after you run out. If you find yourself to kill people just fine, then screw AAS's "max" potential.