Riot is looking to remove Silence from LB

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZerglingOne

06-09-2014

They just need to stop beating around the bush and add a new CC type that stops flash/dash type abilities from working for the duration. And they need to put it on Exhaust.

Lichblade

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamut View Post
Just a quick reply here, you are correct, akali is also not necessarily good for game health, but she has to reveal herself when she attacks and has no CC, meaning that she can always be attacked when she is attacking. It's not perfectly fair, and you can't attack her pre-emptively, but it's healthier than current leblanc. Also, remember that an upgraded sweeper can detect her during a fight and is a one-time investment instead of a consumable so there is item based counterplay to akali. Riot has said item counterplay is sub-optimal, but it's still better than the current 0 counterplay against a leblanc.
Yes that true when comparing to how bad LB is, but I still feel like players shouldn't be forced to buy an item to deal with it, there needs to be a natural way of doing it.

DemiluniS

06-09-2014

so all those months of "higher scale changes" ends up by removing her silence?
well played Riot, her win rate gonna drop below 40% and she gonna be in this state til you completely relaunch her
much dissapoint

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
so all those months of "higher scale changes" ends up by removing her silence?
well played Riot, her win rate gonna drop below 4
much 40% and she gonna be in this til you completely relaunch her
much dissapoint
Yes, it's hilarious isn't it? This is what the balance team came up with, after "working on her" for so long.

EyeToy

06-09-2014

If anyone actually knows how to play Leblanc correctly she is pretty much a dominating champion that out trades almost all champions due to her silence. Her Sigil of Silence with her ult can easily silence someone for 3 seconds flat and destroy all counter play mechanics towards Leblanc. A skilled Leblanc can easily dish out over 60% of a persons health in 1 second and easily retreat back to safety with her W. It actually does balance her out a bit. She should be a champion with High RISK High REWARD not a champion that stomps the opposing laner to ashes.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeToy View Post
If anyone actually knows how to play Leblanc correctly she is pretty much a dominating champion that out trades almost all champions due to her silence. Her Sigil of Silence with her ult can easily silence someone for 3 seconds flat and destroy all counter play mechanics towards Leblanc. A skilled Leblanc can easily dish out over 60% of a persons health in 1 second and easily retreat back to safety with her W. It actually does balance her out a bit. She should be a champion with High RISK High REWARD not a champion that stomps the opposing laner to ashes.
So where is the reward? All I'm seeing is high risk. She won't win any matchup, in fact she'll probably get destroyed by everything and fall off lategame

Bern

06-09-2014

Regarding Akali: Akali's burst isn't comparable in speed to LeBlanc, Talon, Veigar, etc. She's a much more bruiser-y assassin, in that regard.

LeBlanc needs the silence to not get countertraded in lane. LeBlanc expends tons of mana and blows her only escape every time she hits qw to harass someone early, and she's -very- easily countertraded without the silence (imagine LB v. Ahri: LB hits qw, Ahri gets free charm>q, which probably isn't favorable for LB, since LB likely w'd right into Ahri's creeps, is taking creep damage, and now can't w back since she's exceeded the time limit on the return use of w).

I'll reiterate my suggestion from a topic I made: make it so that qw and qe silence, keeping her laning intact, but make r sigil incapable of proccing q's silence (qr pops sigil for damage but no silence) and make r sigil not silence when it pops (so that qrw/qre don't silence). This lets LeBlanc keep her laning strength, but forces her into a choice post-6: do I go for max damage with wqre and run the risk of getting caught or retaliated against, or do I do a less damaging combo that will proc silence and give me slightly more safety? I think it'd give LeBlanc a dimension she currently lacks (when does LeBlanc ever want to do anything but wqre unless they're not in range), and nerf her post-6 significantly while still allowing her to bully lanes pre-6.

Juicyfrogs

06-09-2014

id say giver LB a blind factor in exchange. Blinding only effects basic attacks.

Red Ryu

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.
As a leblanc main I thank you for the change for the sheer fact to see what happens to make her healthier as a champ.

Crazalaz

06-09-2014

I think removing the silence from Leblanc is fine. But for compensation make it so she can't be CC'd for 2 seconds instead. Leblanc is squishy, without the silence her targets are going to own her. Like someone said with Lux/Ryze 1v1 they will demolish her. However if she QW's in and can't be Cced for 2 seconds, those champs can't land a snare or Talon's silence wouldnt apply if he Es after her. But her target can damage her back which for some champs is a big enough window for them to global LB Syndra for example.