Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot is looking to remove Silence from LB

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Surge I

Recruiter

06-09-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
SgtCrispy's on the money here, having Charm be a skillshot does a lot for the skill's health. Ahri's also got much bigger windows of downtime when she's not mobile and doesn't burst as fast as Le Blanc tends to, so again not directly comparable.

don't touch malzahar, and things will stay peachy keen, aight?

IrateGod

06-09-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.

I posted this on a Reddit thread regarding this LB 'change' before, let me state this again.

I believe that this change is actually a huge nerf to her kit, seeing that it leaves massive amounts of counterplay, even one of the currently less popular assassins, Talon, has a Silence (though it doesn't deal damage, it is a gapcloser instead), which allows him to kill his target without counterplay. LeBlanc would proceed to Q->R Talon, to which he could then simply respond to with ulting.or casting E onto LeBlanc and then proceeding to kill LeBlanc in return.
I admit, balance is hard to accomplish, but this outclasses LeBlanc as assassin in comparison to other assassins, and while I do believe this helps reducing the overall power LeBlanc has, I believe the problem is the Silence duration, rather than the Silence itself, which could be fixed similarly to how Elise's cocoon was changed to have scaling stun durations, for example, rather than having Q and R silence for flat 1.5 seconds at all ranks, why not have it scale from 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds, which would force LeBlanc to either max Q and.lack waveclear or go W and lack single target killing potential early on (late-game is another thing, I believe that trimming down numbers on her Q and W could do the trick).
Thank you for reading, hope I don't make myself unpopular by saying that I think this is too much of a nerf.

I MonkeyDLuffy I

06-09-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.

Why don't you have LeBlanc's Silence there ONLY when she detonates her Q with her W when diving?

Velrex

06-09-2014

Quote:
I MonkeyDLuffy I:
Why don't you have LeBlanc's Silence there ONLY when she detonates her Q with her W when diving?

So... Have it be almost the same? The only difference is she'll Double jump on you now with ult instead of double Q, and run away just the same as she does now.

Ogaflow

06-09-2014

Quote:
Wykes Tech:
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )

This is why I was asking what the design philosophy was behind the decision rather than stating that was happening. Asking questions is far more productive then making assumptions.

XuWarrior

06-09-2014

So Meddler you going remove "PolyMorhp CupCake" from Lulu ? it's like silence , you can't do nothing. She can burst you down.

Derangeddeer

06-09-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
We don't have any plans at the moment to remove Talon's silence. Not impossible we might do so someday, it does still generate some of the same 'can't fight back against a short damage window champ problems, Talon's got a different assassin kit to Le Blanc though so there's other things to account for (much less powerful disengage, with a need to use a much longer CD to do so properly).

How will leblanc be played without having silence, because from where I see it, leblanc needs that silence in order to not die when she goes on someone?

SNSD Tiffanyx

06-09-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
SgtCrispy's on the money here, having Charm be a skillshot does a lot for the skill's health. Ahri's also got much bigger windows of downtime when she's not mobile and doesn't burst as fast as Le Blanc tends to, so again not directly comparable.

exceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeept you guys somehow think ahri is a mobile dps mage instead of a ap assassin.

cassio is the closest example to a mobile dps mage, not ahri

BellumOmnium

06-09-2014

Quote:
TotallyClueless:
So will Talon also be having his silence removed? Or is it not considered ranged?

Talon's silence is like .5 seconds, man. Barely noticable

Bungboy

06-09-2014

Quote:
BellumOmnium:
Talon's silence is like .5 seconds, man. Barely noticable

It's 1 second, and Talon can use his entire combo in under 1 second which is why he has no counterplay when he gets fed.