Riot is looking to remove Silence from LB

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvilTreeSpock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.
So I dont need to worry about losing Garen's silence then? I was a bit worried since it would be a huge change to how I play him.

B0red0mFTW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaFatum View Post
So you gut her ratios and then remove the silence?

Pardon me if I'm being ignorant, but from a balancing point-of-view, wouldn't this work better if you did it the other way around? A big part of Leblanc's ridiculous kill potential is the fact that there is no possible retaliation against the silence. Once that's gone however, there could be ways to interrupt her combo or force her to retreat before completing a full chain. Is the sigil going to do something else now or is it going to be a pure damage nuke?
all dmg nerfs were reverted.... sadly...

Meleti

06-09-2014

Quote:
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.
It would seem that the only assassin left with silences now is Talon; who is, I have to say, not very mobile.

It is an interesting change to LB though. I think she was something similar to the Renekton Bar for mid laners. If your champ couldn't lane against LB, you had to ban her or pick another champ. We may well be in a better mid lane meta without her land bully status.

XEmpowered

06-09-2014

Quote:

what about her win rate?
You should buff her in some way.

Sceptre Wielder

06-09-2014

Read my response @Meddler play test that. I'm right I play more LeBlanc than your whole balance team

Ogaflow

06-09-2014

Quote:

This is what I was expecting was the case, removing silence from the game entirely seemed a tad overboard. I can agree that silence on champions such as Kassadin and Le Blanc is becomes seriously problematic to balance and therefore should be reworked. Thanks for the clarification Meddler.

Also guys, lets keep this civil in discussion. If this hurts Le Blanc too much I expect Riot will do something about it. The point of this thread was to discuss the change and if it was a precursor to the removal of silence from the game. Since silence is not currently being looked at for game removal we need to just watch and see what happens to Le Blanc.

Calabok

06-09-2014

GOOD take her down a notch.

Neo Cyrus

06-09-2014

Quote:

That's all well and nice but when are you going to nerf Ziggs? No other champion in the game can troll a 20 minute victory into being 60 minute struggle with that absurd siege denial power.

His numbers are high relative to his cooldowns, mana costs, his mana pool and regeneration, etc. Not just damage either, 10 seconds on his mine field which can block an entire path? Really? I know he's your favourite champion but Jesus Christ free up a ban slot.

Mr Fuzzy Nugget

KiteAzure

06-09-2014

Quote:

Honestly I see that she will need some form of compensation for this, I know winrate =/= balance but it will for sure go down next to urgot soon enough with these changes. Granted I hate leblanc too, but not enough to see her not played competitive as well as solo queue

12345612 ... 20