Riot is looking to remove Silence from LB

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derangeddeer

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidair3 View Post
so, i know this is the pbe and there will probably be more changes, but i'm a bit concerned. Yes, leblanc in lane is a huge, huge problem, and her roaming potential is problematic as well. But, with a sub 45% winrate with her current kit, i'm concerned that she will plummet further to unplayable status. And i know you guys have a "win rate =/= balance" point of view when it comes to these things, but how low is too low? If she has a 40% winrate, doesn't she essentially become a liability when she's picked? Won't i be ridiculed by my fellow summoners in champion select when i claim i can play her but end up making us lose by statistics alone? I'm all for high risk high reward, but i think she's becoming high risk low reward, and i don't want to see her knocked out of the game forever. I know lolking doesn't have the best stats or whatever, but across every division except challenger leblanc has an awful winrate.

I know you guys have an update in mind for her, and maybe you'll make her more about deceiving or whatever, but i just hope you plan to keep her viable, because i've been a fan of her since before you even changed her and i just want to make sure she remains a factor.
finally someone agrees with me

Strident

06-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
SgtCrispy's on the money here, having Charm be a skillshot does a lot for the skill's health. Ahri's also got much bigger windows of downtime when she's not mobile and doesn't burst as fast as Le Blanc tends to, so again not directly comparable.
Now this is going to be a slippery slope (and it is), but what you are basically telling me is:

Why play Ahri when I could play Leblanc?

Good question. I've asked myself that a lot as well.

Nitreglyze

06-11-2014

Quote:
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.

Thoughts on giving the Malice an interupt like Kassadin's Q?

arwingflyer98

Recruiter

06-11-2014

Quote:
We don't have any plans at the moment to remove Talon's silence. Not impossible we might do so someday, it does still generate some of the same 'can't fight back against a short damage window champ problems
(Note: Talon main here. Just wanted to plead ahead of time for leaving Talon untouched. T.T)

YES. Talon's 100-0 is really fast, and you can pick off squishies with him very easily. BUT his silence lasts for only 1 second, and sure, that's definetly enough time to kill your opponent, but in that time, any number of things could happen. You may have missed that the enemy Taric support was right there when you blinked in, so you get stunned, thus not finishing your combo. Or the enemy jungler just ganked and CC'ed you right as you were about to deal the finishing blow. Also, Talon is mainly considered a counterpick to AP mids, and even with the technical advantage, you still need some amount of skill to succeed with him. If anything, he NEEDS the silence to be relevant in the game.

Just my 2 cents.

TL;DR - PLZ DON'T NERF TALON!!! EVAR!!!

Deathshroud09

06-11-2014

Really not okay with removing mechanics from a champion without adding anything, especially one in such a precarious position as LeBlanc...it just leads into a downward spiral of mediocrity, and we all know that's happening too much in this game already. You need to be looking into who LeBlanc is as a champion, what her theme is supposed to be, and mold her abilities around this. Give her more interesting clone mechanics, emphasize her chains, something.

Dethsplosion

06-11-2014

Quote:
We're removing ranged silences.
Does this include Fiddle?

Hirok0

06-11-2014

LB can double dash from behind minions in the middle, just outside your turret range, silence and chain you. When the silence breaks, the chain stuns and you just get wrecked. GG
I love that silence is gone. She still has amazing burst and a stun to work with, but at least now she can't snipe you if you are within her vision with no way of retaliating (without teammates that arent there for the early game).

Fede

06-12-2014

You got no option against LB. She's always been the most stupid broken ass champion.

- High Mobility
- Silence
- Stun
- High Burst

She ultis you with W delivering stupid damage while you are silenced, then she stuns you with chain, few autos and gg. If someone else comes to help you she will just run away instantly with mimic.

Derangeddeer

06-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirok0 View Post
LB can double dash from behind minions in the middle, just outside your turret range, silence and chain you. When the silence breaks, the chain stuns and you just get wrecked. GG
I love that silence is gone. She still has amazing burst and a stun to work with, but at least now she can't snipe you if you are within her vision with no way of retaliating (without teammates that arent there for the early game).
eh
leblanc has been nerfed repeatedly in damage, and removing her silence is way to accessive without giving compensation, leblanc is really the only reason we do not see ziggs played that often, because leblanc can destroy that champ.
TDLR: removing the silence with no compensation will make leblanc the weakest mage because she will never be able to kill without dying her self, just look at kassadin, he cannot kill or even dish damage without dying.. I have yet to see a kassadin destroy since his nerfs. Soon every champ will not get cc and it will make ranged champs secure the mid lane forever until an assassin comes.

* note: do you want ziggs to be played again and destroy your entire team doing so? or would you rather have a leblanc destroy 1 person and just escape...

flakydorf

06-12-2014

The only way I can see an entire removal of her silence being viable, is to make her clone dash to cursor for W damage, and re-activating W moves LeBlanc to her clones position. This would also give the opportunity to kill the clone for a bit of counterplay against her, but to be honest I'm not a fan. It basically turns her in to AP Zed, which is pretty flipping lame.

I guess making LeBlanc untargetable and immune to CC during dash could work too, but not sure. Over-all this completely guts the champion.