Health above Dragon/Baron

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zac x Me

06-10-2014

I don't think there is much we can do to stop this dumbification.

They already added minion aggro indicators and they will add the hp shown above dragon and baron and someday we'll have auto-smite, timers and whatnot.

I wonder who keeps suggesting these changes and honestly thinks they are good.
It's like a ghost suddenly crawling up underneath your bed. (now I'm just ranting)

But still, what is there to this game if everything gets dumbed down?

FatedTitan

06-10-2014

It's not skill to click on Baron/Dragon.

It is skill to be able to watch the timer while dealing with everything else that's occurring and jumping in at the perfect time.

And I used to main jungle, to the person who attacked me for my lack of Jungle play. I just haven't in a while. I still acknowledge the skill involved in the smite.

Lastly, if it's not hard to click and doesn't change the skill, then why is everyone so angry about me suggesting to keep it as is? Because you recognize it as easier and want it to be easier for you.

VapidActions

06-10-2014

I think there's something in this conversation that's currently being missed.

That Baron you see in that picture, you see him? Yea, that guy. He's not the baron that's currently on the rift. He's an entirely different beast that happens to share the title of "Baron". After all, according to the lore, the "Baron" is a re-creation of a mythical creature. So they've just created a v2 of the mythical creature.

In Riot's own words "The epic monsters of Summoner’s Rift should demand respect, project power and command attention—and players shouldn’t just be able to right-click them from a hundred to zero without further thought."

This, and in past news posts suggests the new baron will have mechanics players will need to pay attention to, such as "don't stand in the fire.". The new baron will require much more attention than the old baron from everyone. And this is happening in the middle of a PvP enviroment. While paying attention to these new boss mechanics, you will also have to be watching the enemy team.

I don't know about everyone else, but while I can spread my attention over a number of things, there's only so so far my brain jam spreads. Watching boss mechanics, my teams skills, and the enemy team's skills, all while reading a near illegible health bar is a little much. Making it more visible in the area I actually want to see (I'm playing a PvP game, not attending an optometrist appointment) is a great improvement.

I also agree that making it more visible doesn't make it "easier" to time your smite. I actually think it makes it harder since if you play at above a silver level, most players realize smite is not the only thing that can kill an objective. I've stolen more than a few barons with champions that have high damage abilities. Some champions can actually do more damage than smite late game, and having the health out in the open allows more players to participate in trying to secure it.

Frrz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac x Me View Post
I don't think there is much we can do to stop this dumbification.

They already added minion aggro indicators and they will add the hp shown above dragon and baron and someday we'll have auto-smite, timers and whatnot.

I wonder who keeps suggesting these changes and honestly thinks they are good.
It's like a ghost suddenly crawling up underneath your bed. (now I'm just ranting)

But still, what is there to this game if everything gets dumbed down?
Apparently you don't realize that aggro indicators have always been there. There use to be orange outlines on units attacking you. Now they have an icon above their head, nothing but a visual change.